Chapter 6: The Next Moves

+++++

The great Lourian Fleet ended up in Davy Jones's locker. What will Japan and Qua-Toyne's next moves be?

+++++

•• Jin-Hark, Louria ••

Everything becomes clear. Despite being encased inside the great walls of Jin-Hark, Patagene and his comrades felt the gravity of the situation. Four days ago, the Lourian Subjugation Fleet, sailed to Maihark and was defeated - not by Qua-Toyne, but by Japan, and to add salt to the wound, a large chunk of their wyvern force, some imported from Parpaldia was utterly destroyed.

Patagene looked up to see the hard-pressed expression of King Hark-Louria, who just sat in silence, but with rage that can be felt around the throne room. "I crave for a report of victory over our enemies.", he demanded. Such a demand made Patagene's heart pound and tighten. He knows that His Highness had already heard of the news, and is beyond furious. "Y-your highness, I-

"We lost. 70,000 men, nearly the entire navy. What happened??", Hark-Louria's words cut off Patagene as it carried his deep rage and fury, despite being calm. Patgene mustered all his courage to reply. "Y-your Highness, our enemy is... beyond our comprehension...".

Hark-Louria raised his brows. Lord Maus, one of his court members, intervened. "Your Highness, our enemy- no, our enemy's ally, Japan, is far beyond our comprehension. Their weapons blew up ships from an unimaginable distance, their ships fire arrows of light that chased out wyverns to their deaths, and their metal birds outran even the most elite of our air forces! Good Lord, could they... could they be- no...

"THE ANCIENT SORCEROUS EMPIRE!!!????"

Gasps of shock, fear, and bewilderment came out from the other people presemt inside the throne room due to Patagene's breakdown. The name he said made the court's skin crawl. Even Hark-Louria himself became uneasy. He had been hearing reports from the field that a foreign army assisting Qua-Toyne had done never before seen feats. Going back to the battle in Rodenius coast, the decimation of the Subjugation Fleet in such a disgraceful manner is something that seemed to be impossible. Could it be that Japan is the Ancient Sorcerous Empire who came back from their long dormancy to rule the world with oppression once again?

But, if so, why are they helping Qua-Toyne?

Hark-Louria around and saw that the other officials are starting to panic, so he raised his hand, to calm them to which so they did. "They are mere barbarians.", he blatantly declared. "Our string of defeats are due to poor tactical planning. Patgene, you are no excuse for this.", the king bellowed over to the General, who just so lowered his head. "Y-yes, Your Highness...", is all the meek Patgene could reply.

The defeat had shaken the Lourians to their very core.

•• Qua-Toyne, Principality Of Qua-Toyne ••

A paper flew and smacked the table hard as if it was tossed in anger.

"Bullshit! This report is outrageous."

"Five ships defeating the entire Lourian invasion fleet, without a single dead!? Do you want to get fired from the Navy for bringing in such a dubious report!?"

The conference room went nuts as ministers and navy officers argued in front of the Prime Minister, who is pretty much amused and shocked with the report.

But, what was the report?

Four days ago, the First Escort Squadron of Japan moved in to clash with the 800 ships of the Lourian Subjugation Fleet. It ended with a victory, with Japan just effortlessly sinking almost all of the ships and shooting down all of the 150 wyverns they sent to attack, not even giving Qua-Toyne's Second Fleet the chance to join the fight.