Chapter 11: Premonitions

+++++

•• Yokosuka Naval Shipyard, Japan, May 10 ••

Months have passed since the last contact with Parpaldian Empire that ended in the breakdown of possible relations with the country occured, and many of the government officials are already gearing up for another conflict. Surely, Japan will have difficulties handling another conflict after the Rodenius War just four months ago. Despite that, the Ministry of Defense and the Combined Armed Forces of Japan are already gearing up and increasing the capabilities of the military. Last month, the army started a recruitment for 100,000 troops. Somehow it worked well, with half of the target quota done, although weirdly enough, most who joined are those who wished to have an adventure to the other magic-based nations due to fantasy tropes.

It's not wrong to say that most who joined the recruitment are otakus of some sort.

The three branches of the military are also increasing their strength, with the Air Service Force acquiring the remnants of the US Far Eastern Command's aircrafts, especially the B-52H, and the Maritime Service Force approving the construction of ships that will replace older ones.

And today, another ship is about to enter service to the ranks of the Navy.

At the naval base of Yokosuka, just outside the city itself, gathered thousands of onlookers and audiences near the wharf of the port, where a podium is set up. Once a naval base for the United States Navy is now owned by Japan after the transference, now used to dock their ships, which can be also seen. Moored next to the dock is a gigantic warship with a flat surface, carrying fighter jets and other planes in its deck. It dwarfed the other naval vessels that are currently at port, and its massive size amazing the crowd of civilians and naval officers. Surrounding it are wires with large orbs of balls dangling, and the chrysanthemum emblem visible in its bow with the name "Musashi" underneath it.

Aside from the audiences and military personnel, government officials and bureaucrats are also present, particularly Prime Minister Ushio, who stood behind the lectern to give a speech to the excited masses. It's not unusual for him to be present on ship commissioning, and he's also the one who gave a speech during Yamato's commissioning, Musashi's sister ship some years ago. He began speaking, clearing his throat.

"Today, we have gathered to witness another glorious commissioning of a ship, a powerful vessel who will protect and guard our skies and seas. For more than five years, she was constructed alongside her sister ship, Yamato, who entered service just some eight years ago.

Now, I am glad that another of our nuclear-powered force will join the ranks of our Maritime Service Force."

Given such strong words, it fits the scenery, as hundreds of sailors and naval officers stood guard in formation, with admirals also standing, all wearing stoic and steely expressions on their faces.

"Those ships where their names were taken, once imposed their firepower on the seas, now, those same names bore by our aircraft carriers will bring our willpower, determination, and might across the skies a thousand miles forward! Musashi, the sister ship of Yamato, will carry this responsibility and duty throughout her service."

At the time Ushio's speech finished, the crowd erupted in cheers and applause. Shortly thereafter, the Hinomaru (Rising Sun) flag was hoisted from the mast of the aircraft carrier Musashi. The balls dangling from the wires opened and spewed confettis, in unison with the first few seconds of the Imperial Navy March being played by the band.

Musashi, the second Yamato-class nuclear-powered aircraft carrier is now ready to sail.

•• Later, Ministry Of Defense, Tokyo, Japan ••