How it burns 2/2

Vox played with Alastor, helping him build small block towers before the little one knocked them over in a fit of giggles. Something about this whole thing made Vox feel so... parental and much more gentle than he actually was, it was a strange feeling but it also felt so right at the same time.

He decided that he could deal with that later and right now he could just focus on Alastor. You wouldn't even think he was an overlord considering how playful and childlike he was at the moment. Vox held him on his lap, the fawn kicking his legs and simply giggling for no reason. "Whats so funny? Hmm?" he questioned with a grin.

Of course, he only got a mix of bleats and babbling though Vox still spoke to the little like he was speaking actual words— he heard that it was good to do that with babies. "Really? Is that right?" he hummed out with a small chuckle.

They sat there for quite some time having a 'conversation' that consisted of Vox actually speaking and Alastor simply babbling the entire time. Rosie had peeked into the room from time to time, smiling as he saw Vox and Alastor getting along and finally seeing Vox being a bit better of a companion for Alastor.

Hours had passed of this and of course, Alastor was getting a bit tired, it was bound to happen after all. That's when Vox got an idea for a bit more bonding between the two of them. He picked Alastor up before standing, bringing him over to the bed before setting him down and then grabbing a laptop from his bag. He went to sit beside the fawn after he took his shoes off.

"How about we watch a movie?" he said with a small grin, getting some tired nods from Alastor. The deer wouldn't ever agree to something like this but luckily little Alastor would. So he got the two of them under the blankets, holding Alastor close under his arm before popping up a streaming platform. He looked through some older movies before seeing Bambi... Alastor pointing at the deer and bleating. So, Vox decided to put that on.

The fawn's tail wagged as he watched the screen, staying curled up under Vox's arm. The television demon was ecstatic, he and Alastor were finally getting along!

During the rather scary parts Vox hugged the smaller one closer as the fawn nuzzled his face into his shoulder— and Christ it was adorable. He could tell that Alastor was going to fall asleep soon and there was no doubt about it, so he reached over to the dresser drawer by the bed and got a red Pacifier before holding it up to the deer's mouth.

"Here you go, Hon." he hummed out before Alastor finally took it, the pacifier helping lull him even further into a tired-like state. Vox pulled the little overlord to his chest, rubbing his hand along his back before he paused the movie, putting his laptop aside. He planted a small peck to the little's crown before starting to hum a quiet lullaby.

Within no time Alastor was fast asleep— it was quite a good thing too as Vox knew Alastor didn't sleep often, he didn't know if he just didn't need it or if it was simply a preference of not wanting to sleep. Either way, he was pleased the little one was finally getting some well-deserved sleep.

Eventually, Vox's screen went black, the two of them now being in a rather peaceful sleep.

Alastor was quite still while he slept, not moving much aside from when he would nuzzle himself to Vox or cuddle in further, the overlord would wake up a bit every time he felt Alastor move but would quickly go back into that tired-like state. He knew he kept waking up like that because he wanted to make sure Alastor was okay— he knew he was getting attached, possibly much too quickly...

He couldn't find himself caring so he just pushed the thought away and planned on dealing with it tomorrow... maybe. So for now the two overlords could rest.

Words:702

Sorry again it's not a lot today as I am very tired due to school!