Chapter 5 (East Blue Saga)

Ki sighed as she thought, 'Not how I would've gone about it but let's see how this plays out.'

Sanji angrily gripped Luffy's shirt, "You bastard! That's what you're doing?! You can't sink this ship!"

Ki stepped forward, "Watch it Sanji! Hear him out."

Luffy explained, "But if the restaurants gone, there's no reason to attack then, is there?"

Sanji dropped Luffy's collar but continued, "No! This ship saved my life! I owe everything to her! And you will not take that away!"

Luffy raised his eyebrows, "So you're gonna die for a dumb old restaurant? Are you stupid?!" Luffy pulled away from the cook and returned the favor of gripping his shirt tightly. Luffy snarled in his face, "Getting killed?! That's how you wanna repay your debt?! The old man didn't save your life so you could kill yourself! He did it so you could do something with your life! Not to die like a fool!"

Sanji pressed his forehead into Luffy's, bending his straw hat as he bit back, "So your bright idea is to help them attack us?!"

Ki gritted her teeth as Pearl started spouting nonsense at the two, "Boys! There's no need for friends to fight! Especially when there's nothing either of you can do! Not while there's a big shotgun pressed right up against the old man's chef hat!... Your problem began when you decided to come up against the Krieg pirates! Nothing can stop us! Hahaha... Fire Pearls! Now you will burn! Hahaha" His hand shields burst into flames again as he charged at the boys.

Ki sucked in air, her eyes shot between Gin and Pearl. 'Should I try to help them or keep my position on Gin?! What do I do?' In Ki's distraction; Gin shot forward, dropped the gun and split the air between the boys. He smashed Pearl's chest shield with a swift swing of his melee weapon. Ki ran over, grabbed the gun and knelt to defend Zeff, "You okay old man?" Zeff didn't answer at first so she placed a hand on his back, "You still in there?"

He finally let out a scratchy, "I'm still here, girl."

Ki let out a deep relieved sigh, "Sanji! He's alright!"

Pearl face planted on the ground with a loud clatter, all the shards of metal bounced and shifted with his weight. Don Krieg fired off at Gin, "Gin! You have betrayed your captain and your ship!"

Gin sighed, "I know. I'm sorry Don Krieg but he saved our lives. I can't kill him, not like this. He deserves better, he deserves to face death standing up but I promise you he'll still die by my hand."

Krieg raised an eyebrow, confused, "Oh great, my chief commander has officially lost his marbles."

Ki along with Patty and Carne helped Zeff sit up, "There you go. Don't try to move too much."

Luffy cracked up, "Ha! My plan worked perfectly and now he's out in the open!"

Sanji yelled, "You Liar! There's no way you thought that this would happen!"

Gin spat, "Sanji! Look, I'm just following orders. I don't want to ruin this ship but I think it's too late for that."

Sanji shoved his hands in his pockets and coolly replied, "Heh, maybe but if you think you're gonna get to this restaurant without killing me. You got another thing coming."

Gin responded coldly, "Sounds fair. Then it will be an absolute pleasure to kill you. My good friend."

Sanji lit up another cigarette, "Gee. That's comforting. Asshole."

Gin redirected to Luffy, "You as well chore boy."

Luffy shrugged it off, "Gee, thanks but I'm not afraid of any Krieg pirate."