It's never that easy

'Ugh, are you done yet?' CX questioned, clear exhaustion in his words even though he did nothing while I trained, clearly bored out of his mind from my 'mundane' workout routine.

Like the smart person that I was, I promptly ignored him.

It had been only a few days since my talk with Ralph, and I had garnered what you could call a sense of peace in the cabin over time, with new bonds of trust forming with my comrades. 

It almost felt like, I finally had a role in my life, some form of purpose if you will. 

It was terrifying, but slowly empowering each day.

"Jason?" A voice spurred breaking me from my concentration, as I looked towards who was addressing me. 

Not far from me stood Andrea, paired with June as both of them slowly approached me, the latter throwing me a wave with a bright smile, as was always the case with the girl nicknamed the 'Dutchess of darkness.' 

The dualism between the two personalities is as clear as day. 

"Yes?" I replied as I lowered myself to scoop my damp top off the grass floor, the evening sun being kinder than its predecessor as most of the sweat worked up happened a few hours ago; the cool breeze being a better change of pace for my skin.

"Are you busy?" June led the conversation, pushing out her chest as she popped the question, her blue eyes shining, while her blonde hair bellowed in the wind.

 Andrea never being one for words, was happy to play a more reserved role as she stared at me with a faraway look, yet her slightly hunched posture was enough to convey her interest, her amethyst-coloured hair and matching eyes seemed muted in nature but not at all quiet.

"Not exactly," I responded while looping my arms through the top, hoping to cover up with the many eyes watching me, "Just finished my routine, so I am free for today, why?" 

"Maya said we should call everyone towards the front of the cabin for a sparring session," June spoke carelessly throwing her arm out back as she spoke; her words caught more than my attention.

'Yay!!' CX exclaimed, his voice rattling my skull, while I groaned shaking off the headache.

'CX?' I thought to him, hoping to lace my thoughts with as much anger as I felt, if I could glare at him I would.

'Alright, my bad.' He sighed, bringing out a chuckle from my lips, I could never really stay angry at him.

Yet even I can't deny the excitement it brings.

"Sounds like torture." I sighed before smiling modestly at the two, "Let's roll." 

After a short walk, we found the rest at the location, impatiently awaiting our arrival 

Our caretaker sat on the porch steps as she observed us cautiously, even though she could never hide her emotions, excitement was clear as day. Maya seemed locked in an intense discussion between Oliver and Ralph, with Oliver lazily nodding.

"We're back!!" June called to the group, their jittery smiles mirrored how they felt without fail. 

After a quick round of formalities, Maya stood before the group, arms folded with her determined look set on her young features. 

"Shall we begin?" She cut straight to the case, her voice bold as she spoke.

"Could I get some tips, captain?" I asked, eliciting childish giggling from June and Oliver, while Maya's brown orbs gave me a careful one over.