The prey

"Judas Romanovski, the enigmatic billionaire, recently made his first public appearance in over a year and a half. The reclusive heir had retreated from the limelight following a tragic accident that left him blind. Despite this life-altering event, Judas is now poised to take the reins of his family's vast business empire, Romanovski Enterprises, from his father, Alexei Volkov, the former Chairman."

"The accident that claimed his sight has been shrouded in mystery, with few details released to the public. It is widely speculated that the accident was not just a simple mishap but may have involved corporate espionage or foul play, given the volatile nature of high-stakes business in the world. This only adds to the aura of intrigue surrounding Judas's return."

I swallowed the piece of sandwich with difficulty. My eyes were glued to the book in front of me, but my ears perked with curiosity. So, he was factually blind.

I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact, but who was I to judge?

"I just can't believe he has gotten so much handsome and such a daddy..." Alina sighed dreamily staring at the screen where Judas's picture was showing with him wearing an expensive pair of shades his hunter eyes hidden, his lips set in a thin line, jaw-line chiselled from stone, his furrowed brows as he seemed to glare at the camera cast a shadow as if a storm was set to break.

His hair was styled back, unlike today. The person on the screen was completely different from the man I encountered today. His scary tattoos were veiled behind his rich black suit. I wonder if he knew how deadly he looked with that scary expression, or was it always on default?

"Alina?" 

"Don't disturb me, Sera. Lemme look at my future husband...he is sent from heavens..." She sighed zooming on his face. She had been doing that for the last two hours now. I didn't know this Russian was so obsessed with him. Ever since I got back to the dorm, I couldn't help but think of him. 

Curiosity killed the cat. Well, at least the cat died knowing and I grabbed my phone.

I punched in his name, my fingers fidgeting as the search bar loaded and his profile appeared on the screen. Judas Romanovski—son of Ralph Romano, Killian Schmidt, Alexei Volkov. I frowned. Three fathers? Mother—Rara Romanovski. Siblings—Anya Romanovski, Tina Romanovski.

Curiosity piqued, and I clicked on his family picture. The image that unfolded was almost bizarre. Three men stood behind a woman seated on a plush couch, dressed in a beige chiffon dress, her smile gentle and serene. The men behind her looked nothing short of pillars of ethereal beauty. One of them smirked with pale blue eyes that seemed to glimmer with mischief, while another's face remained stoic, his features as unyielding as marble.

The two younger women in the picture had identical features, though their hair colours differed—one had jet-black hair, and the other was light brown. Their eyes told different stories: one pair a deep green, the other a rich brown.

And there he was—Judas—standing beside the man with the green eyes. He towered over him by an inch or two, his broad shoulders adding to his imposing presence. His piercing hunter's eyes seemed to stare directly at the soul of the cameraman, sending shivers down my spine. It felt as if he was looking at me through the picture, his gaze so intense and alive that it made my breath catch.

I didn't know when I zoomed in on his face and felt my breath hitching. This man...what was he? He couldn't be real. There was no way he was sent from the heavens. Every muscle and fibre in his body seemed to mould with hell's fire, made from Pandemonium soil. One look at him, and I wanted to run for the hills. There was nothing human about him, at least not looks-wise, because no human had any business looking like this. So beautiful and satanic.