The prey

Ivan: See you in a few hours. 'grinning emoji.'

Grinning I quickly typed.

Seraphina: Waiting. 'blushing'. 

Finishing with my assignments, I cleared the table to grab my clothes and eyed the sweater I was looking forward to wearing. It was a chunky knitted beige cardigan. Simple V-neckline with red bows evenly distributed across the front. Fastened down the centre with matching red buttons. It was a gift from my father. I adored this sweater more than my life. And wearing this after two years gave me a sense of nostalgia.

I grabbed my boot-cut jeans and changed into the clothes. It was chilly so I wore a red turtle neck underneath the sweater and combed my hair. I washed my hair yesterday and thankfully they were not looking like a bird's nest anymore. It took me several minutes to decide what I should do with them. Heaving a defeated sigh, I plated the small sections and put small bows. Perfect

Applying my lip gloss, I smacked them together. I looked good actually, if I ignored the dark circles and few breakouts I tried to cover them with concealer. A strange tingly sensation crawled up my stomach making me feel giddy. Date. I was going on a date for the first time in my life. Satisfied with my look, I grabbed my phone to see another text from Ivan.

Ivan: Asian or American?

I teased my bottom lip feeling all kinds of emotions.

Seraphina: Chinese. 'Chopsticks emoji.'

Calling a cab, I grinned ear to ear like a teenager getting asked out for the first time. Irony. It was my first time actually. Never in my school life or teens I ever showed interest in boys, simply because they were just horny little pigs wanting a one-night stand rather than a girl. All of this had me distance myself away from them, and there came a time when I hated the male population altogether. This one time, a guy from my class asked me to be his girlfriend. I broke his nose.

And the next day his ex-girlfriend broke mine. 

I almost laughed recalling the look on her face when I butted my head on her face knocking two of her teeth.

Anyway, the point here was- my first-ever date. Potential date.

Another forty minutes and I was in front of the gigantic mansion. Hoping the gates were open and I didn't have to jump the wall again, I crossed my fingers. To my relief it was open. Jogging to the entrance, I wrapped the cardigan tighter around my torso. There was something oddly chilly about this place than the rest of the city, either it was because it was surrounded by the forest and stood alone in the middle of nowhere, or I was wearing fewer clothes.

Or because a certain someone lived here. 

Whatever, I just needed to do my work and get the hell out of here. I frowned noticing the door was locked and was about to knock on it when it opened from the other side. My knuckles almost knocked on Kyle's chest. Embarrassed, I cradled my fist and gave him a cheesy smile.

"Good evening," He didn't reply, instead his eyes quickly raked over me and his brows narrowed.

He did not say anything and stepped to the side, letting me in. The warmth engulfed me and I sighed in relief. Ignoring him, I jogged to the stairs and was about to climb when Kyle's monotonous voice stopped me.

"Mr. Romanovski is in the library." I looked over my shoulder to find him still standing near the door, though there was a bothered expression on his face. "Next to his office."

I nodded and rushed to the library. What was he doing there if he was blind? Who knows! Men did many things that baffled me, like wearing socks with sandals or insisting they didn't need directions because they could feel their way there.