ACT 4 - eleven.

"And Jace is down" Lando said as he fell down on the couch next to me. "And so am I"

We both love Jace so much, but he was definitely a hand full. He couldn't even talk yet but he definitely made his presence know.

We both watched the tv in silence for a while.

"Jace has been asleep for 15 minutes and we're still watching Mickey Mouse" I chuckled.

Lando laughed as he looked at me. "I am not getting up to grab the remote, are you?"

"Definitely not" I laughed as well, crawled closer to him and cuddled against him.

Needless to say, we both didn't get up to grab the remote, we just continued watching Mickey Mouse.

"How's Hilton doing?" Lando asked, his fingers brushed against my back. I noticed he always did that whenever he asked something he thought would stress me out.

"Good actually, back on track" it hadn't been easy, but I don't think it will ever be easy.

Lando smiled, kissed the top of my head. "Of course, because you're the smartest person I've ever met"

But he didn't want to just compliment me, he wanted to ask something else because he kept brushing his fingers against my back.

There was something else he was nervous about to ask.

"Don't you think it's better if you concentrate on Jace?"

There it was.

"No, I think it's better if I concentrate on Hilton and Jace" I answered.

"So not Mclaren?" He asked, he got what I was trying to say. "No, Mclaren doesn't need me anymore and I would rather concentrate on my business"

"So you're gonna kick Jules out?"

I wanted to take the position as CEO back, but after everything Juliette has told me, about not wanting kids because she wanted a career and stuff, I just couldn't.

So she would be the CEO and I was gonna be the owner. We were gonna do this together.

Just like Lando and I were gonna do this parent thing together. Even though I sometimes doubted if we were doing the right thing.

Would Jace be proud to have us as his parents?

Sometimes I doubted that.

————————————

Lando went to Canada for the next race, and I stayed home with Jace.

I wanted a steady home for him, if that was even possible.

Lando checked on us every little moment he was free. He was actually being great.

And it wasn't any different now. He was done with qualifying, did great because it was raining and he was always amazing in the wet.

No pun intended, or maybe just a little.

"How's Jace?" He asked as we were facetiming each other. "Good, he's sleeping"

Time differences and such.

"And how are you?" He asked. "I am good, just a little tired"

A lie, I was not good. I was tired and nauseous all the time, but I also didn't want him to worry about me.

He needed to concentrate on the race, on his job.

"Lando, are you coming? We're going to din-" someone said from behind him, but I could see who it was.

Violet.

Didn't know they still talked to each other. I expected him to not talk to her at all anymore. Not after everything that happened.

Definitely didn't like that.

"Uh-yeah" he quickly said, turned back to me and I could see he didn't want me to know that.
His cheeks turned a little red.

"It seems as if you are busy, so I'm just gonna sleep" I said. Yeah I may be a little petty about it, but honestly what did he expect?

"It's just a tea-"

"Goodnight"

I said as I disconnected the call.

Yes, definitely petty but I just couldn't help myself.

I was taking care of our son and he was hanging out with his ex, or whatever she was.

Definitely annoyed me.