ACT 4 - twelve.

"It was just a team dinner!" Lando yelled as he walked away to the kitchen.

He's been back for a couple of hours and all we did was fight. We were fighting about the smallest things, until we moved to the Violet subject.

The subject I hated the most.

"She shouldn't be part of your team anymore!" I yelled back as I followed him.

"Why not? Because you want her out?" He opened the fridge, looked through it and slammed it shut again. "Did you go to the store?"

"Uh, yes I did, a couple of days ago"

"We are out of pretty much everything to drink?" He looked back at me. Couldn't believe he was blaming me for this.

"Well you know water comes out of the faucet, you can drink that" I dramatically turned the faucet on and pointed at it. "You see?"

"Don't be a smart ass Rae" he rolled his eyes and turned it back off. "You have nothing to do all day and you can't even fix groceries?"

I frowned, chuckled even.

"I literally run a business-"

"Jules runs it" he interrupted me.

"And I take care of our son" I went on as if he didn't just interrupt me.

"You can take Jace and go to the grocery store, you know?" He raised his eyebrow.

"What has happened to you?" I shook my head, couldn't believe the things he was saying. "But it's great that you're back because I need to go to the Hilton"

"Wha-?"

"So you can take Jace and go to the grocery store yourself" I interrupted him, grabbed my things and didn't even wait for him to answer.

If he wanted something to drink, then he could go and buy it himself.

I wanted to smash the door on my way out, but I didn't, not for Lando, but for little Jace.

Arrived at the Hilton Hotel only a couple of minutes later.
I didn't necessarily need to be here, but I just needed to get out of there.

Away from Lando.

I walked inside, and everything looked peaceful. I was so happy to be here.

It was definitely my safe place.

"Rae!" Juliette smiled as she saw me. "Didn't know you were coming today?"

"I-I just needed to get out of the apartment" I stammered.

She nodded, knowing exactly what I was trying to say. "Well lucky you, you have a lot of hotels to go to" she chuckled, trying to make me comfortable again.

"And even better" I said as I pointed at the sign. "I have a spa"

"Definitely" she laughed. "Can you stop in our office before you leave?"

I nodded. "I will"

But I didn't go to the spa, I just didn't want her to follow me. I had to be alone.

I just walked through the hotel. It always made me feel more relaxed.

And suddenly I started to doubt everything and everyone.

I gave up so much to be with Lando. He was right, I didn't run Hilton anymore - Juliette did.

I missed it.

And I probably had to give up even more in a couple of months.

I just didn't know if I was ready for it, if I wanted that.