The scent slowly dissolve

Wangji pov.

He stopped in front of my house.

There was nothing except the silence. None of us started even a little bit of conversation.

It felt really cold actually. But I couldn't bear with what I saw earlier. I didn't know it was me who was too sensitive or everybody would react the same if they were in my shoes.

My daydream was cut off when Wuxian gege called my name.

"Wangji, we are here." He said with a sigh. He turned his face to me with a sad expression.

"Send my regards to your family, tell them I will see them as soon as possible." Not too long after he said that, his eyes became teary. I was surprised. I didn't know he would be this emotional.

"Hey, why are you crying? It's not like I will disappear. I have a family too, right? I'm sure they are worried about me now. We will meet again at the office on Monday anyway. I will send your regard to my family and I'm sure to tell them I found you." I wiped tears on his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry, please don't change." He said rubbed his cheeks on my hand.

"I will not. I'm leaving now. Have a safe drive. You can text me, I know you have my
number." I got out of his car, "See you."

I made my way to the house when Wuxian gege's car was out of my sight.

"'Wangji! Are you alright Where are you all this time?"

"Huh? What?" I was surprised when my mother's hand touches my shoulder.

"Where are you all this time, Wangji? Your phone was inactive and you were suddenly disappeared! I was really scared, I thought something bad happened." My mom wrapped my body with her hands and gave me a hug.

"Relax mom, look! I'm all good here. You shouldn't so worry, I am grown man, anyway." I rubbed her back.

"I think, I'm not that late for dinner, wasn't I ?" I said when my mom released me from her hug.

"of course, no, dear. I was just starting to prepare it. Just take a shower and some rest before I call you for the dinner." She patted my shoulder softly and went to the kitchen.

I saw her back disappeared on her way to the kitchen and smiled. I was very lucky to have such a lovely mom like her.

She protected me and my brother like we were the most beautiful diamonds that no
one had. I walked to my room to have a relaxing shower while turning on the diffuser with the Mint and Eucalyptus scent, so when I got back from the shower, my room was already full of that relaxing scent.

I'm not going to lie, but the warm water relaxed my muscles down. I rubbed my skin with my usual body soap and washed my hair with my favorite shampoo. These little things calmed me down so much.

When I came out from the bathroom with my most comfortable pajamas, my door was suddenly opened and my little brother, Wave, came to my bedroom and hugged me.

"Gege, I was worried we couldn't contact you at all! I thought I will never saw you again."

My family liked hugs and kisses and I was really grateful for that.

"Oho, my usual overacting didi," I giggled and ruffled his head on my shoulder. "I'm
fine, Didi. Your handsome brother is all good."

He released me from his hug, "But, Gege, something different with you..Do you
change your perfume?" he gave me a questioning gaze.

Is Wuxian gege's scent stuck on my body? Well, it was not weird, I spent my day with him. We even slept in the same bed.

Everytime my head remembered his face, the previous incident started playing in my brain like a video.

I shouldn't be this sad, Wuxian gege didn't even hug him back. But l didn't know why my heart still ached when I remembered it.

"Gege? Come back to earth, please. You're acting weird. You smell weird too. Did
anything happen on the last day?" Wave shook my shoulder.

"W-what? N-no nothing happens! Let's go downstairs, mom is waiting for us. Don't think too much." I leave him in my bedroom.

As soon as I got to the dining room, I found my favorite basil chicken on my way to the dinner table.

"Ehmm, smell nice." I smiled at my mom that looked busy preparing the dinner."Is there something I can help, mom?"

"No, love. Just sit down on your chair and wait for your dad and your brother, okay?"

The table was set not long after I sat down on my chair and my brother came to the
table with my dad. Wave sat down beside me while my dad sat in front of me. The dinner started.

"Ehm, so, Wangji? Do you have something to explain to us?" My dad started the
conversation. I hope it's not about the different scent on my body or where was I those past days.

"W-what? I-I don't have anything to explain." I sighed.

"I'm sure you do. Let me start with the question." My dad gave me a soft smile, "So
whose scent that stuck on your body, JiJi?"

My face blushed and I fidgeted uncomfortably on my chair.

"Oho~ look! He is blushing~" Wave mocked me jokingly and poked my redden cheek.

"You won't hide something from us, right?" My dad stared at me with a serious face.

"Uh, alright, I won't hide anything from you guys," I sighed.

"I found my mate."

____________________________________________________________

Wuxian POV.

I stared at the ceiling in my bedroom blankly.

His scent remained the same on my be, especially the pillow where he slept yesterday.

All the memories played automatically played on my head. The smiles, the laughs,
the blushes, the hugs, and his presence made my life felt a lot better than I had ever imagined.

My body hugged his pillow tightly, inhaling his scent like it was the best thing that ever
happened on earth.

The world seemed to have some problems with us. Now, I couldn't feel his presence. I couldn't see his smiles. I couldn't see him blushed.

My tears dropped when I felt his scent slowly dissolved on his pillow. I hugged the pillow tighter hoped I could inhale his scent that left on the pillow for the last time. But I couldn't find it.

I screamed and cried like a  depressed person. My world scattered into pieces when I couldn't find his presence around me. I wanted him. I wanted him so bad!!

****************************

Ni hao!! Princess & babygirls.

Enjoy reading & ignore grammatical errors.
And support your bunny!😉

-bunny🐰🦋