XXXXII. fix it

sumedh :

Another sip onto the drink, and I felt better.
Although I personally did not appreciate this behaviour, there seemed to be no way out.

Dimple was marrying Tapish.
And I was holding the whole event in my mansion two days later.
And I would be taking a lovely bouquet and a fake smile down to her after her wedding, as good wishes.

I took another sip.
It sounded traumatising.

There was a swimming pool in the mansion. I sat before it, legs dipped into the water. The trousers rolled up to my knees.
This shouldn't bother me, but it did.
Dimple, for no reason at all, affected me.

"And you are back to drinks.", I heard from behind.
I turned a little to find her, in a kurti, annoyed.
"You have a fiancee to care about-"
"I care about everyone-"
"Stop acting like my mother!", I snapped as I dragged my feet out of water and stood up.

And suddenly realised I had drank too much.

"Sumedh ji-"
"Sssh.", I said as I kept the glass aside and stood, taking support of the chair nearby.
"You are nobody to me.. I-I am the Sumedh Shah.. You don't even come close to my position! How dare you stop me?!", I shouted, in frustration.

She paused, staring at me.

"You are not in your senses-"
"Obviously! Because you have bewitched my mind! I-I am not even supposed to care about you but now I think.. I think..", I stammered.

Oh this was bad.

"You think what?"

"I think I love you.", I mumbled, burying my face in one hand. Eyes firmly shut.

Silence fell.

"Tapish waited for 5 years for me. I-I cannot just dump him..", Dimple chocked as she spoke.
I drew in a deep breath.

That was the reply to my I love you.
It took me a moment as I regained the little composure that I could.

"You should go and have your beauty sleep.", I whispered, looking down.
"It is my honour that-"
"No.", I stated, "There is no honour in being loved by a man you cannot marry."

Dimple stood in silence.
I did not dare look at her, but I could hear her unsteady breath.

"Maybe in another life.", She said finally.

My lips curved into an amused smile.

"Just hope we don't meet in another life.", I said before I dragged myself past her, back to my room.
I would need my Arijit Singh playlist tonight.

Two Days Later.

anupamaa :

There is no harm in saying that my fiancée was toping the best fiancée list already.
Now, we were preparing for Dimpy and Titu's wedding, and all I could notice was Vanraj Shah staring at me every thirty seconds from across the room, while talking to the caterer.