Chapter 46-50

Chapter 046

  Yuan Tang subconsciously thought it was the Urban Management Officer who came, but when he looked up, he saw that it was not the Urban Management Officer, but the old man who was guarding the Children's Palace.

  The gatekeeper looked fierce and said, "Who told you to put it here? Don't you know this is the Children's Palace?"

  Yuan Tang quickly signaled Hu Yan to pack up her things: "Sorry, we have to leave now."

  She could see that this man was a stubborn person and didn't want to offend him, so she just wanted to leave as soon as possible.

  But the other party seemed to see that she was young and more arrogant. He did not let them leave and tried to close her stall: "You can't leave! Who knows if there is a problem with the things you sell? You have to come inside with me and explain it clearly."

  Hu Yan was furious: "We are not setting up a stall in your Children's Palace, what does it have to do with you!"

  This remark stirred up a hornet's nest. The gatekeeper bulged his eyes and raised his voice: "What are you talking about, young woman! If you want to set up in front of the Children's Palace, you have to listen to our instructions!"

  Hu Yan wanted to argue again, but Yuan Tang pulled her back and said with a pleasing look, "Okay, we'll go with you."

  The gatekeeper snorted. He just looked down on these business people. In the early years, they were all speculators and were locked up when they were caught. Now the world has really changed. They dared to do things under his nose. When he said that, the girl was still stubborn? She really didn't know her place!

  People like this should go to the duty room to write a self-criticism, and then he will post it on the door so that they won't be embarrassed to death, and it will also prevent these small vendors from sneaking in when he isn't paying attention.

  He walked in front with a proud and confident look, and only after crossing the road did he realize that there were no footsteps behind him. He turned around and saw that the two girls had already run away.

  "Come back here!"

  Yuan Tang dragged Hu Yan along and ran all the way. Go back? Go back for nothing!

  The two of them ran a long way, panting. Hu Yan asked Yuan Tang breathlessly, "Are we just going to run away like this?"

  Yuan Tang: "What if I don't run? Waiting to listen to his nonsense?"

  It was obvious that the old man had worked in a government unit for a long time, and his thinking was still stuck in the old days. There were many people like him in the past. Reform and opening up have been around for seven or eight years, but people's thinking did not change easily. After several years, people still believed that doing small business was speculation. It was only in the past two or three years that things gradually got better, but many older people could not change their thinking and were still stuck in the old days of the big pot.

  Just like the older sister Yuan Tang met when he was setting up a stall in his previous life, she was in her forties, setting up a small stall selling spicy hot pot outside, going out in the wind and rain, although she earned a lot, it was hard work. Later, when they happened to talk about the past, she mentioned the past.

  "My husband was laid off right after we got married. At that time, there was nothing to do, so he had to set up a stall. It was in the 1990s, and the business was so good. There were always a lot of people every day, and I could earn 200 to 300 yuan a day. But when my mother-in-law found out, she ran all the way from the countryside to the city on her bound feet, and lay down in front of our stall, saying that we were embarrassing."