«45» ties that bind

Yaseerah stood in front of the mirror, adjusting a wide-brimmed hat over her hijab, a wide smile on her face.

She looked absolutely dashing in a vibrant sleeveless floral maxi-dress, with its hues of red, burnt orange, pink, and white popping against the long-sleeved white top underneath.

The dress featured a fitted bodice that gracefully extended into a flowing skirt, cascading down to her ankles. The slight flare at the hem added a breezy, elegant touch, making her feel both stylish and comfortable.

Behind her, Fou’ad leaned against the doorframe, arms crossed, a soft smile playing on his lips. He marveled at how different she looked now—more relaxed, more radiant—compared to before they got married.

She’d lost a bit of weight but now, without the lafayas and the heavy makeup that made her look twice her age, she looked even more beautiful in his eyes.

Feeling the warmth of his gaze on her, Yaseerah turned to face him, her fingers nervously adjusting her hat as a hint of self-consciousness crept into her expression

“What?” she asked, her smile waning slightly as her eyes searched his face for any sign of what he might be thinking, as she adjusted her hat.

Fouad’s smile broadened as he pushed off the doorframe, and walked further into the room, his eyes never leaving hers. “I just... I can’t believe you’re my wife,” he murmured, love and wonder lacing his voice.

A blush crept up Yaseerah’s cheeks at his words. She looked down briefly, then back up at him, her heart swelling with so much emotion, she felt it could burst at any moment.

Fou’ad closed the distance between them, his hands easily finding their way to her waist, as he pulled her gently towards him, his gaze still locked on hers.

“You look absolutely stunning,” he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper. “Every time I see you, it feels like I’m falling in love all over again.”

Yaseerah’s pulse spiked, a familiar warmth spreading across every crevice of her body like a gentle tide, as she wrapped her arms around his neck, drawing him closer. “I’m ever so grateful for you, Fou’ad,” she whispered back, a smile tugging at her lips.

Their foreheads touched, and for a moment, they simply breathed each other in, the world outside their bubble fading away, as his fingers traced small, comforting circles on her back.

“As I am, you.”

He leaned in and kissed her tenderly, a promise of love and devotion sealed in that brief, sweet moment. When they finally pulled apart, they had matching twin smiles on their faces.

“Shall we?” Fouad asked, offering his arm with a playful flourish.

Yaseerah giggled, looping her arm through his. “Let’s,” she replied, feeling lighter and more in love than ever as she wrapped her hand around his bicep.

“Or we could just stay down here, and I could send everyone away,” he suggested, pausing at the threshold of the bedroom, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Don’t even try it,” Yaseerah warned, giving his bicep a playful pinch.

Fouad chuckled, rubbing his arm where Yaseerah had pinched him. “Come on, it could be fun,” he teased, leaning in closer. “Just the two of us, enjoying some quiet time. It’ll be just like you initially planned it, Albi.