Chapter 6

It was Monday once again, the worst day of the week for a lot of people. It was moody, and tiring, and boring, and a slow start to the whole week ahead. It wasn't great. And it certainly wasn't great for Mia.

Roger had called her the other day at the party, asking for a meeting with her, and of course she wasn't going to ignore him. He had something valuable that she didn't; information. Knowledge about her dads whereabouts. And that was something she so desperately needed. She needed to see her dad again, no matter what. Ever since he left, her life had gone downhill, and she wanted to know why he would do such a thing. She wanted to know why and how he could leave his little girl alone.

She would open the door to the principal's office and would walk inside, the door closing behind her as she took a seat in the chair opposite the desk. Opposite Roger. Everytime she had a meeting with him, she just left feeling worse, and more hopeless than before. She was starting to think that he was feeding her empty promises. But, she didn't want to waste the slim chance she had. If he was being truthful, she would do.. anything. Almost anything.

"Roger."

"Took you long enough. Right, down to business. I need you to do something for me."

Mia would sigh as she leaned back in the chair, crossing her leg over the other and narrowing her eyes at the man opposite her. She was already keeping Reece away from Autumn every chance she could get for him. What else could he possibly need? "What? Am I not doing enough already?"

"Don't be snarky with me, Amelia. I need you to convince Reece that Kenny Killerman wants to take Autumn out."

"Don't you mean Kyle?"

"Kenny."

Mia's eyes would widen and her brows would knit together as she sat forward in the chair, her heels colliding with the floor. "Don't be insane! Reece will beat him to a pulp." It was a stupid idea. Reece could be arrested for it, so could Kenny. And it would have an effect on Autumn, even though she was dating Winter. Hell, it could even have a strain on their relationship.

Roger would narrow his eyes at Mia and she knew exactly what that meant. That's what he wanted. But why? She couldn't fathom what was driving him to do it. He was a cold hearted monster. Who would want to make up a lie that their little girl was being preyed on by an adult? It was vile. Mia would get up and would slam her hands on his desk, leaning forward. Usually, she'd wait until she was alone to let out her anger. But this man infuriated her like no other. "You're a goddamn bastard. I'm not doing that to them! Consider our deal done." She would go to turn, but as she did, she'd hear him speak from behind her, causing her to turn back around to face him.

"Oh? So, I'm guessing your father isn't of any importance anymore. Well, if he's not good enough to make you do it, I'm sure that girl is."

"What?"

Roger would grin as he stared at the girl in front of him. Her face was contorted into an expression she rarely used. One of pure fear, rage, compassion, guilt, and selflessness. She wasn't fearing for herself, she never had. She always felt her emotions for others. She never had any left over for herself.

"You heard me. I do keep an eye on things, you know. I don't just rely on you, and perhaps that's a good thing. You've been getting distracted lately, and that girl.. what's her name? Charlotte, has been the cause."

"I have nothing to do with her." It was true, she didn't. All she had done was speak to her a couple of times, drive her home, and let her invade her mind 24/7. But, how would Roger know about any of that? Charlotte wasn't important to her, she was just some girl. Some girl she wanted to be important. She wanted to be important to her, but she knew it would never happen. "And she has nothing to do with this. Leave everyone else out of it."

"For someone who has nothing to do with her, you're acting quite defensive."

Mia would roll her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest. Sure, perhaps she was being defensive, but that was because she wasn't a complete total monster like he was. She wasn't going to bring anyone else into this. She didn't want that. "Fine. I'll do it." Although she wanted to be selfish and walk away from this whole thing, she knew what Roger was like, to his own kids and others, aka herself. He wasn't one to let you off kindly, and he sure had tactics to get his own way.

"Good girl. You best be off. Make sure you do what I've asked."

Without another word, Mia would leave the office. She didn't want to do this. She knew it would destroy the already fragile relationship Reece and Autumn had, and on top of that she knew if it got out that she had anything to do with it, her relationship with Reece and Autumn would be completely ruined — more than it already was. But, a deal was a deal. She knew what kind of man Roger was when getting into this. It was all her fault. She was to blame. She knew that.