29. LOSER

Prisha's POV

" What's the plan for today? " I heard mom ask me and even though it wasn't the first time she had done so since this morning, I gave her the same answer.
" I haven't thought anything yet. Maybe I'll just stay in. "

I don't know what's wrong with her but she seems rather worried about leaving this time. So much, that she's been forgetting things since morning.

" Don't. Go outside, call him and enjoy today. You barely have any days off. "
It's not true, I've had plenty of days off in the past three weeks. Every other day is a day off these days.

And as for the said him, he is none other than the culprit responsible for my absence at work. Ever since he came, I've been with him more than I've been at work. I'm not complaining though.

" You guys should leave now, it's getting late, you'll miss the flight. " I passed her her purse and she nodded while patting my head. I'm still a child even though I have one of my own.
" Remember to call if something happens okay? "

I nodded and pushed her to the door as I replied, " Yes, and you call me as soon as you reach. "

" Take care. " With a kiss on my forehead, she was leaving. Baba was already waiting outside in the car, it was only her who couldn't let go of her worry.

They were going to a friend's house for a wedding. I was planning to go too, before him. I didn't have the heart to leave him alone when he came for us.

Even his assistant isn't accompanying him, reason being that he's not at work, rather he has a personal mission to accomplish. I don't even know how he is not worried about taking such a long vacation.

I didn't have time to think about it though as I heard my baby calling for me.

" Mumma. " He was still sleepy, all because someone couldn't get enough of talking last night. Even when I tried to persuade them both to sleep, my own baby betrayed me by saying he's not sleepy. As if he wasn't rubbing his eyes every other minute.

I won't deny that I enjoyed it too, not just talking to him myself but seeing his interaction with Aadi too. Sometimes I wonder if he only likes me because I'm Aadi's mother. Heh, but even if it's that, then that's enough.

Being loved because my baby is loved is everything I could wish for. I don't want anyone to love him because they have to, but because they can't bear not to.

" Good morning bacha. Dadu dadi just left. You didn't wake up to say bye bye. " I said to him as I picked him up and took him to the bathroom. He looked up at me and then waved at the mirror. "  Oh, bye bye. "

This is how sleepy he is. His eyes aren't even open. I made him stand on the sink while I took his toothbrush and applied the paste on it before making him rinse his mouth.

Doing the same with my own toothbrush, so he could imitate me, we started brushing. His hands weren't strong enough to brush properly but he likes doing it himself, I just take advantage of his drowsiness to help him brush correctly.

" Mumma, ale we seeing Kunal today? " This is the first question I hear when he's awake? Am I being sidelined? I'm so so so jealous right now and it's all because my baby's first thought when he woke up was someone else than me.

It's so weird, so so so weird. Urghhh, I already want to cancel any plans I might've had today. Huff.

" It's not Kunal bacha, you shouldn't call elders by their name. " I told him but like every time before he ignored it, this is the one of the few instances where my baby ignores my words.