28. STAY

The chapter is not edited. So if you see any incomplete sentences or errors, please tell me in the comments. I'll rectify them as soon as I can.

3000+ words
Remember to vote and comment.
Happy reading ❤

**

Kunal's POV

The renovations were finished a week ago and someone had passed by yesterday to clean the place, so there wasn't any dust inside when we opened the door.
I bought it on my eighth day here, yep, I knew I was coming back even then.

She stood outside the door until I pulled her in, even after entering her eyes were only on the hand I was holding. I would much rather she looked at me but for now, my hand would do too.

I looked around to see everything like I wanted but still somehow it felt weird. No clue why, it's not like the first time I've bought a place but this feels different.

It was a penthouse, the basic apartments wouldn't have been ready for a few more months so I just bought this one.

I gave her a little tug when I realised she was still zoning out, it worked. Her eyes snapped up to mine and I would've paid my life to stay in this moment.

There was so much vulnerability in her eyes, so much emotions that I knew it wasn't on purpose. This morning had made her lose control, I made her lose control and she hasn't found it back.

Despite my reluctance to have her look away from me, I called out. " I'm hungry sweetheart. "

She blinked and it took a second for my words to sink in as she looked away. The vulnerability was gone and in it's place was nervousness, as if she just realised where she was.

" I'll go make something. " She took a step back and I didn't resist the grin forming on my face. I took her hand in mine again, which she had snatched back a minute ago, and pulled. " I'll take you to the kitchen. "

" I can go myself. " She stood rooted to her spot, trying to get out of my grip, I won't lie, I was enjoying this side of her. The girlish side that she hid years ago, it was surfacing again.

" Really? Tell me where you'll go? " I questioned and that's when she realised she had no idea where the kitchen is. Now I'm glad it's a penthouse, it would've been far too easy to find a kitchen in an apartment.

" There? " She pointed to our right and instead of replying, I closed the distance between us. The step she had taken back, I took it ahead. It'll be our dynamic, for every step she took back, I'll step ahead another, until the day she finally takes them ahead.

Inching closer to her until my lips were barely away from her ear, I teased her. " It's my bedroom there, you sure you want to go there? "

Her response was delayed but it was accompanied with a futile attempt to push me away. " I don't. "

She was turning red and I was enjoying it far too much. I couldn't even hide my smile even if I wanted to. " Don't worry, you'll come yourself when you want to. "

" Why did I not know you were such a rascal? " She scowled as she punched my shoulder, even a feather hits harder than her punch, and I laughed out loud.

" Ah, how am I a rascal? Being a rascal would be allowing you to come there, close the door behind you and not letting you leave until you can't walk. "

I looked straight into her eyes, trying my best to look innocent when the thoughts running through my mind were far from it. She must have seen through my facade because this time she pulled hard enough to loosen my grip. Only because I didn't want her getting hurt.