30. SPEAK PROPERLY

Prisha's POV

He froze, just like me, as if he just realised what he had spoken and how aadi had responded.

My baby was still laughing when his eyes came to mine in question, I couldn't look in them, I couldn't look at them. So I left.

My heart felt so painful as if something was constricting it. It felt too painful to even breathe. I felt the wetness on my cheeks but I couldn't muster the energy to wipe it off.

I felt him before he even touched me. He stood behind me, his arms coming around my waist as he laid his head on my shoulder.

" I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention to make you uncomfortable. It just slipped from my mouth, I had no idea he would catch it. It's just, it's so much like my dreams, I just forgot that it wasn't actually one. I'm sorry. "

His apology choked me. I don't even know why I am crying and here he is apologising for something that isn't under his control.

" You don't have to apologise. "
" I do, I do. We haven't talked about it and I shouldn't have said it before him without consulting you first. You're right to be angry but just understand that it wasn't intentional on my part. It just happened. "

It's true we haven't talked about it and I clearly wasn't ready to hear that word from him. But the main point here is just me, it's me who wasn't aware of that single world's impact on herself.

For someone who had planned to be both a mother and a father to her child, hearing him referring to someone else as a father was too much for me to handle at once.

" I'm not angry. "
" Well you should be.. I shouldn't —"
" I'm not angry, it's just overwhelming to hear him say that. I was just unprepared for it. "

It's true but his grip only tightened around me as he buried his face in my neck. My hand reached out to console him, I caressed his head trying to express that I'm anything but angry, but he seemed too guilt ridden to sense it.

" I'm sorry. " He murmured and I rubbed his head as I muttered back. " It's okay. He'll have to learn it sooner or later, so it's no big deal. "

" Yeah, I know it— What? " His head snapped up as he looked at me with his eyes wide. I couldn't see his expression clearly but I could imagine it.

" Yeah. " I nodded and the next second I was being turned as he looked me in the eyes. " What did you say? "

" It's okay. " I said knowing too well it wasn't what he was asking. He didn't understand it though.

" No after that. " He looked so nervous, as if he didn't know whether to believe his thoughts or not. So I didn't tease him anymore.
" He has to say it sooner or later, so it's no big deal. "

He turned silent for a moment before his eyes darkened, I wasn't aware his eyes were capable of burning any brighter, yet they did.
" Are you saying what I think you are saying? "

" What do you think I am saying? "
" That I can be his.. papa? " His voice trembled at the last word, he might be more nervous than me regarding this. But that's to be expected isn't it, he was still a single man a few months ago and now he's suddenly a father.

But I saw the anticipation in his eyes, he was excited and that was enough for me to know that what I'm doing isn't wrong by any means. He isn't wrong for my aadi.

He might not know what it means to be a father but he's ready to learn and that's enough for me.

" Uh hn. Don't tell me you don't want to. I'm telling you, we come as a package, you can't have one without the other. " I teased but he remained serious.