The crown -2

Ashika “I never noticed you had tattoos.”

Mani:-“Oh, these? It’s all new. I and abhi got it last Valentine’s. He drew it himself.” Manisha replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

As part of Manisha Valentine's surprise for him, they two got matching tattoos of crowns, her favorite flowers. Manisha got the crown on her left rib, near where he likes to hold her every single time, out of habit. On the other hand, he got the crown on his knuckles with his other tattoos from before. It was the same size as hers, placed in the center. He already had  lilies inked on his arm before while Manisha placed  in her right forearm that is only visible when she raise her arm. The last tattoo is on her right wrist. It was all dainty and small so it can be unnoticeable at times.

“That’s cute.” ashika mumbled before turning her head to manisha. “I’m so happy for you guys. You two seemed really happy with each other.”

“I love him so much.” Manisha giggled, feeling her blood rushing to her cheeks. It felt like she is in elementary all over again, having a childish crush on someone.

Ashika:-“I just cannot understand why you kept it a secret from us.” She spoke. “And for two years? That’s fucking impressive. Hats off to you two.”

Manisha laughed at the recognition, “Thank you. We try our best.”

They two jogged and walked and jogged again for almost thirty minutes straight, back and forth on the sand, along with oreo. The sun was already peeking in when riya came down with a coffee mug to see them both. She was still in her pajamas.

Riya:-“I’ll prepare everyone breakfast. How do y’all like your eggs?” she asked when Manisha passed by where she was standing.

“Scrambled!” Both Manisha and ashika answered in unison.

Riya:-“Orange juice or coffee?” she asked once more.

“Coffee!” they two replied together again.

If it wasn’t for the random 6:30 AM alarm in his phone, Abhishek would have not woken up from his peaceful and satisfying slumber.  He would have slept until noon with how comfortable the whole room was. He groaned as he stretched his arms and legs. For a few more minutes, Abhishek buried his face on the soft pillow he was hugging. After five more minutes, he sat up on the corner of the mattress.

That’s when he realized where he was.

He’s still in Manisha room and he promised to come back in his before everyone wakes up. But he can already hear  music playing downstairs, indicating that someone or maybe everyone is already up. He put on his slippers, scratching his head. He makes his way to the door and as soon as he steps outside, another door on the floor opens.

“Morning,abhi .” Rahul greeted him.

Abhi:-“Morning.”
And it didn’t take rahul to notice something unusual. Abhishek watched him look at him to the door then at him again. His best friend squinted at him.

Abhi:-“What?”

Rahul raised an eyebrow, “What were you doing in manisha’s room?”

Abhishek’s heart stopped for a second. His hold on her door knob tightened as the gear in his brain works quicker than it usually does in the morning. Once he thought of something, he pushed it close.

Abhi:-“I was… looking for oreo. I thought I could take him with me outside.” He reasoned out, that even he is not buying it totally.

Rahul:-“But you look like you just woke up.”rahul’s tone is too curious like that Sheldon kid from that show.