Chapter 15

Y/n's POV

Alastor tilted his head to the side with a surprised grin. "You got your soul back? Well that's great, but why are you pulling such a face, show me your pretty grin, it suits you much better." Alastor said foolishly, but I was left cold and stared at the ground. I clenched my hands into fists and steadfastly held back my tears. I didn't want to cry in public in front of Alastor. "Darling, are you in such a bad mood because of Vox?" he asked me, which made me look up at him, caught. Alastor put his hand on my shoulder and stepped past me to whisper in my ear. "He's an idiot, isn't he?" This made me raise an eyebrow, as I didn't quite understand his statement. Alastor laughed slightly. He stood behind me and put his hands on my shoulders. "He just dropped you despite everything you did for him. It's really sad, you're such a strong and beautiful woman... You deserve better." he whispered in my ear and I let my gaze fall to the ground. Alastor is right... Vox simply ignored me. He threw me away without even looking at me. I clenched my fists angrily at the thought. "Come with me, darling!" he said, amused by my anger. Alastor turned in front of me and held out his hand. "Let me show you how you can become so much stronger!! I'll help you get revenge on Vox. For hurting you... All you have to do is do me a favor." My ears pricked up and I quickly looked up at Alastor with a sharp look. "You don't need to worry... After all, what happened with Vox it isn't your fault." "You're right... It's not my fault. It's your fault!" I snapped at him angrily and moved closer to Alastor. My finger on his chest and my gaze angry. "Couldn't you have told me earlier that you were enemies or something??" I grumbled at him, which only made him grin even wider. "What difference would that have made? I thought we were friends? What would you have done if I had told you that Vox and I hated each other deeply? Would you never have wanted to see me again then?" he bombarded me with questions that were a little too much for me. "Don't kid yourself. Vox would have ignored you anyway. As soon as he gets bored of something, he breaks up with it to get something new." Alastor said, polishing his staff. I clenched my hands into fists, annoyed at what he had said. "Fuck..." I muttered, which made Alastor put his hand on my head with a grin. "But don't worry, my love. I'll help you get finish with him. I'll help you and in return you'll do a tiny little thing for me, deal?" he asked, holding out his hand for a deal. I thought for a moment. Then I shook my head and pressed his hand back to him. "Never again some 'little deals'." I said, keeping my distance from the radio demon. "I understand... Then I'm curious to see where your path here in hell takes you now. I'll see you..." and with that he disappeared into the ground, which made me blink in perplexity. "Wha- WHAT!! ALASTOR! You can't just disappear all the time, you bum." I mumbled at the end, as I had drawn the attention of the people around me by shouting. I made my way towards a casino to earn some money. Well, some is an understatement; I played for several hours and worked my way to one of the highest ranks in the casino. The amounts we were playing for were in the billions, but that didn't deter any of us. Especially not me, as I made it to the final game. Me against the owner of the casino. To be honest, I wasn't nervous at all. On the other hand, the owner sat pretty nervously in his chair. We played several rounds that always ended in a tie until about the thirtieth round when I put down a blackjack and he got a 22. "Boom!!! Game over man!!!!" I said happily, knocking the gamechips off the table. I jumped onto the table to look down at the man amusedly, but something wasn't right. He didn't look disappointed, no, more scared. I looked at him confused and tilted my head. "Hey? Is everything OK?" "We have to play again!!!" he shouted at me, scared. "What!? Never, I won!" "No, no, you don't understand. I can't lose!" I blinked at him, perplexed, and didn't know why he was so scared. "Calm down! You're not going to die, are you?" I tried to cheer him up, but he opened his eyes in shock and started to gag. I immediately moved away from him. "What's wrong? Are you going to throw up?" I asked, hiding behind the table. I hate gagging noises. He didn't answer, just growled in panic, which made me look over the edge of the table. I opened my eyes in shock. "Dude! Hands are growing out of your mouth!" I shouted in shock and saw that the imp was already turning from red to blue. I tried to help him by not suffocating his hands that were growing out of him. But before I could help him in any way, the hands ripped him open, which just left me standing there with my mouth open in shock. "What the fuck..." I mumbled and suddenly two strong hands grabbed my shoulders. I was startled and looked over my shoulder to see who was standing behind me. "Hello, my love..." a deep voice grinned at me. It sent shivers down my body. "So you're this talented, beautiful woman who's making my casino unsafe..." he joked, as if he had simply overlooked the dead imp. "Well, hehe..." I laughed nervously and he just continued to grin. "I'm Romeo. Nice to meet you, my dearest..." he said charmingly and kissed the back of my hand. I looked at him, flattered, and was just about to introduce myself when he raised his hand to stop me. "I know your name Y/n..." I pulled a questioning face, which made him laugh. "How could I over see a beauty like you. Who worked her way up to my esteemed colleague in a few hours." He pointed to the dead imp. "I'm honored. But why is your... esteemed colleague dead now...?" I asked, laughing a little uncertainly. He simply waved it off and replied. "Don't worry, it's not your fault. It's his. He was just too bad, that's all." "S-So you killed him?" I asked, taking a step back. "Yes, I did... But you... You won't disappoint me, my love. You are the best of the best and I hereby hand over this casino to you. You are now the new game master!!"