Chapter 5

Morgan tried to stay out of her father's way for a few days. He had to adjust to a new normal yet again. In the meantime, she got to know Emily better and they cooked for the endless food pits formally named their boyfriends. They were making dinner when there was a flash and a spirit arrived in the room. "Woah," Morgan said, not knowing if it was real. If it was possible she was sleeping.

"What's wrong?" Emily asked.

"So you don't see her?"

"Who?
"Nevermind," she said to Emily and looked to the spirit. She was elderly but somehow familiar, "Hello Miss Dead Person. How can I help you?"

"I suppose my soul has aged too much," she said cheerfully. She thought for a second and stared at the woman. Images, memories came up in her mind.

"Auntie Sarah?" she asked as a tear fell.

"That's my Mellow."

"How are you here?" She looked to see Emily looked confused at her and a little scared.

"My son is phasing right now. He is in Port Angeles with Isabella. Keep her away from my son. She will try to ruin his life."

"I'll try. I promise." She said. There was a flash and she left. Morgan looked at Emily, "I'm guessing Sam hasn't told you I'm a witch."

"No he hadn't, You just saw Sarah Black?"

"That's never happened before. Not without a spell."

"Maybe it's the tribal magic calling to you. I'll call the boys."

"Okay, tell them Jacob is about to phase in Port Angeles." She skipped over the Bella thing. Not like it would help at the moment anyway.

Jake didn't handle being a wolf very well. But Morgan was still one of his favorite people. He would drop by often with Paul since they were on the same patrol schedule. One day they came over to pick up some pans of pasta for the pack. Paul had what could only be called a wolfish smile when he came in the open door. Bella was upstairs and Jake had to stay outside since Sam told him he couldn't see her. Paul kissed her on her neck and she squealed in surprise. "So...Mrs. Lahote," he whispered in her ear. She pushed him away then went outside. She rushed up to Jake.

"Jake, I'm killing you. Hope you've said your goodbyes!" she rushed up to him.,

"Hey! Not my fault. He can read my mind. Not like I could hide it." she hit him, "Plus I'm mad at you too. The things I've seen."

"Hey! What do you mean? He's barely seen anything and I have a good body." Paul came outside with the pans of pasta.

"You have an amazing body, babe." He said, then moved the pans to one hand so he could slap her ass.

"Gross! Can you not?" Jacob asked, "It's like watching my sister being violated. It's creeping me out."

"Shut up. I made a lasagne and the other is a pan of alfredo. Then the bread is on top, slightly undercooked so Emily can reheat it in the oven. And I took the fork from Paul's pocket so he wouldn't eat it before you all got home."

"Babe!' Paul said and she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I'm riding my bike over to yours tonight. But you'll have to drive me back. You better rest."

"Oh really why?"

"So we can spend the night talking," she said, then winked at him as she walked away. When she came back, Bella was at the bottom of the steps.

"Was that Jake with Paul? Why didn't he come talk to me?" she asked.

"Are you talking to me?" Morgan asked, confused.