Chapter 10

It took them a couple weeks to get to Mystic Falls. And by the time they got there, the couple were no longer talking to each other. It wasn't something as easy as being bothered by the small space they were enclosed it. It wasn't about road music or her constant need to keep the air conditioning going. It was worse. bigger. They pulled up to Grams house. Bonnie owned it so Morgan knew they'd be welcome. Caroline had called her back. She told her Bonnie was killed bringing back Jeremy to life. But a being called Silas had taken all of their attention and Jeremy lied and said that Bonnie was in Forks with Morgan. Morgan knew the first chance she got, she was punching Jeremy Gilbert in the face.

When she found out her sister was dead, she grieved for less than minute. Then she started planning. Her trip back home had been zig zagged the first time and she collected magic. She knew of transferral magic. To give life to one person from someone else. which is why her and Paul were fighting. He looked around the quiet street before opening the trunk. inside was a squirrely man who was taped and tied up. Paul took him and followed Morgan as they brought him inside. He was what the fight was about.

They'd almost arrived in Mystic Falls the night previously but Morgan asked him to pull into a motel. While Paul slept, Morgan snuck out. She did a spell to see people's true nature. The darkest human she found would be her target. And she found her way to Arnold. She was walking around the small town on the side of the freeway. He was talking to a girl that couldn't have been any older than twelve. And she looked uncomfortable. Morgan went over there. "What's going on?" she asked them. Arnold turned his attention to her quickly. But Morgan kept hers on the young girl. "Shouldn't you be getting home?" the girl nodded and walked off quickly.

"You gonna keep me company tonight?" he asked her.

"Hell no. But she wasn't either. If you know what's good for you, you'll go home." No one told him to walk closer to her. That's when she put him to sleep. She decided then he would be the person's life she'd take. She dragged him back to their car using a bedsheet against the ground.

Paul didn't know about the man until the next morning. Morgan tried to talk to him before. "I just want to get on the road," he'd said.

"Right, but I need to tell you something I did something last night. But it's fine," she said as they walked outside. He was about to put his things in the trunk of the car when she shut it quickly. He smelled the stench of the man in the trunk.

"Why is there a man in our trunk?"

"Right. So I need to bring my sister back to life. There's pretty much only one way to do that alone without killing myself."

"Which is?"

"To trade his life for hers," she said plainly.

"So you're going to kill him?"

"Technically. But it's not that bad, he's a pedophile," she told him.

"How do you know?"

"I just do. I used magic."

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?"

"What's the other option? Leave her dead? You're joking, right?"

"I didn't say that."

"Well then you come up with a solution."

"I don't know anything about magic."

"Exactly. So let's go." she said and got into the car. He sighed and put the bag into the back seat.

Paul waited a little before trying again, "I don't think this is a good idea. This seems dark."