Shot For The Top II

Ryuuen Kakeru's Point Of View

Combat has always been integral in human competition, whether it be in sports or straight-up street brawls. As long as we possess the capacity to generate force through will, we will possess the capacity to hurt someone or even kill them.

Many fear pain, even the most stoic one of us do. An instinctual desire to keep themselves from danger. But for the ones who don't, combat inspires us to dominate others, and I'm proud to say that it did so for me. As for us, pain isn't a signal for us to run but to retaliate.

It's an easily exploitable weakness against anyone... who could say no to such an easy win...?

It has been a few weeks since Koenji and Yagami had their showdown. Ever since then, the ring has been used far more frequently.

Just as expected...

You see, being the business man I am, I made Ishizaki secretly record the fight and spread it through the forums afterwards. But that's not just it.

I found a way... to profit...

Expecting such a clip to go viral, I set up a small forum for students to participate in recorded fights where spectators could bet on fighters. The winner wins 30%, and the loser gets 10%. The correct bets get split up 10% while I get the rest.

Basically... I invented ANHS UFC... kukuku... and you all thought my 800 million point plan was a farce...?

Quickly, multiple requests came in from multiple arrogant Kouhai's and brainless morons who watch way too much anime, so I forced Mio to rinse out the worthless fighters and find the hidden gems. And lucky for me, those gems weren't hard to pick out.

Not to bore you any longer, we figured out a way to set up legal fights between students.

I figured out a loophole... that's it... it wasn't even a hidden rule, really... just being a scumbag was required, kukuku...

That all leads up to today. Round two and three. Two fights between opponents that are perfect matches in their respective years for such matches.

To prevent another unfair fight, I picked out fights between students with relatively similar builds. For the most part, at least.

We finished setting up the booth very early in the morning, patiently awaiting our main spectators and our main attractions.

"Now then, boys. Ready to make dough?"

"YES, SIR."

"Hell yeah, Boss!"

Ishizaki and Albert looked alert and enthusiastic.

"Did I really have to come?... it's the weekends... I want to sleep..." Mio complained, still groggy from the lack of sleep she's been getting ever since I put her in charge of picking out contestants.

"This our chance to make big money... there's no time for rest." I answer seriously before going inside of the ring room.

I had to dump a lot of expensive things into bribing the employees of this gym to get 24/7 access to this place... now it's time to make back that money... and more...