Season 2 Chapter 27: Best Partner

The scene opens on Lucy's hole as the celestial wizard is currently washing her hair before she gets in the bath. She then turns on the shower as warm water rains down on her.

Lucy: This feels good! There's nothing as relaxing as taking a bath back home...

Cana: It is a nice place.

Lucy: Isn't it, though?

Lucy turned to where the voice came from and saw that Cana was sitting in her bath.

Cana: Maybe I should live here too

Lucy screams after seeing Cana suddenly appear in her house.

Cana: Lucy. Don't you have any booze to drink?

Lucy: This is MY house...!

Lucy looks at the expression on Cana's face and sees that she is down and not as cheerful. She then gets in the bath and checks on her friend.

Lucy: What's wrong? You don't seem very cheerful...

Cana: Oh, no, it's just... Do you usually bathe with other people?

Lucy: Do you usually barge into other people's homes?

Cana: Have you and your dad been getting along since then?

Lucy slightly jumps from the question since she doesn't have a clear answer.

Lucy: Hmm... I'm not sure... Things aren't going badly, but it's more like we haven't been in contact.

Cana: Hmm.

Cana let out a depressed sigh as Lucy could see that there is something on her mind.

Lucy: What's the matter? If something is bothering you, you can tell me about it.

Cana: *stands up* I'm thinking about quitting the guild.

Lucy: Huh?

Processing what she just heard from Cana, Lucy takes a couple more seconds to think until she shouts so loud that the entire neighborhood hears her.

Lucy: WHAT?!

==================================================================================

It was the next day and currently at the guild, Lucy was sitting at the bar and talking with Mirajane about what happened last night.

Lucy: And that's what happened, Mira! Cana won't say why, either! I don't know what to think!

Mirajane: *chuckles* It's okay. Cana always says that whenever this time of the year rolls around.

Lucy: Huh?! What do you mean "this time of year"?

It had almost been half a year since Lucy joined Fairy Tail and it seemed there were major events for the end of this year.