Chapter 16

Harry and Louis had 2 weeks left of their summer break before needing to travel back to university for the semester.

Louis had wanted to spend some quality time with his sisters, so he and Harry decided to take them to the local fair. Gemma came along too as she was quite close with Louis' little sisters. 

They arrived at the fair early in the morning. His youngest sisters, Phoebe and Daisy, wanted to go on every ride. Harry wasn't that big of a thrill seeker, but Louis was an adrenaline junkie. They started at the bumper cars. Harry's main goal was to target Louis relentlessly, he didn't know that Louis had similar ideas. 

The two laughed their heads off as they slammed into each other repeatedly. They would occasionally veer off and bump into Louis sisters but would then quickly go back to hitting each other.

After that was the drop tower. Harry did not want to go on at all, but Louis managed to convince him. He held onto Louis' arm as the ride raised up in the air slowly. When it came to a stop at the top, he looked over at Louis who was smilingly excitedly. Harry didn't feel any excitement, rather sheer fear as he awaited the drop. He gripped onto Louis' arm harder as the ride dropped, both boys and the two younger girls screaming at the top of their lungs.

"See babe, it wasn't that bad." Louis laughed, nudging Harry as the got off the ride. Harry felt nauseous and needed to sit down. 

The group then went to get something to eat. Louis and his younger sisters went off to go on some more rides, but Harry, Gemma and Lottie stayed at the bottom waiting for them. 

"Lottie, can I ask you something?" Harry asked the girl, who nodded. "Do you really think your stepdad will come back?" 

Lottie was taken aback a time the question. "He'd be really stupid to, but I wouldn't put it past him. Why do you ask?"

"I just don't want Louis getting hurt. Or any of you." Harry shrugged. He was concerned by Louis' reaction to the man getting out of jail.

When the ride had finished, the group went over to the haunted house. Harry wasn't very easy to scare, he loved horror films, and he knew for a fact that Louis was terrified of them. He always acted tough but would jump at the slightest noise.

As they walked through the dark room, Harry felt Louis's hand sneak into his, and his body brush closely against Harry's. Harry put his arm around the smaller boy's shoulder, pulling him closer as he smiled in satisfaction. He could make fun of Louis for this later, just as Louis did to him. 

A scary zombie jumped out with a loud bang in front of the group which made Louis and the girls scream. Harry just laughed as the costume wasn't convincing at all. Louis pressed his face into Harry's neck, he was too scared to keep going but Harry held him closely all the way to the end.

As the day continued, the group played all of the carnival games they could afford. Louis had even won Harry a little rainbow teddy bear in the ring toss game.

As the sun began setting, they all took a ride on the Ferris wheel. Gemma and Lottie took a carriage with the younger sisters, and Harry and Louis got a carriage to themselves. 

"I really love you, Harry." Louis said shyly, turning to Harry. "I won't let anything break us apart."

Harry leaned in as the two boys passionately kissed at the top of the Ferris wheel.

"I will always fight for us, Lou. I never want to lose you again." Harry said, snuggling into Louis.

When they made it to the bottom, everyone went to get something to eat for dinner. They laughed about their day as they ate and enjoyed each other's company. It felt like forever since they had all spent time like this.

It was then time for the fireworks. They had found a nice grassy spot in the field, front and centre of the display. Harry and Louis lies on their backs in the grass, watching the fireworks explode overhead. As beautiful as the fireworks were, the two couldn't help but get lost looking at each other's faces. Louis' eyes sparkled as they reflected the lights above. Harry could feel himself falling deeper and deeper in love with this boy.

When the show finished, Phoebe and Daisy were fast asleep on Lottie's lap. Harry and Louis each picked one of the girls up and carried them to Gemma's car. The car ride home was mostly silent, as not to wake them. Louis was resting his head on Harry's shoulder, Harry's hand playing with the boy's hair.

When they had arrived at Louis' house, Lottie quietly woke up the girls and took them inside. Both Harry and Louis got out of the car to exchange their goodbyes.

"I had a lot of fun today." Louis smiled at Harry.

"Yeah, me too. We have to do it again." Harry said, pulling Louis' hips closer to his. Louis places his hands on Harry's face, their lips colliding passionately.

"Goodnight Lou" Harry kissed Louis' cheek before hopping back in the passenger seat of the car. Louis turned and waved as the car drove down the street.