Chapter 6

"Harry wait."

"Look, Louis. I'm really busy so I'll go get Lottie and you can be on your way." Harry said nonchalantly, pretending he wasn't in pain just at the sight of the boy. He turned again to walk up stairs when he felt a hand around his wrist.

"If by being busy you mean watching Happy Feet, then sure, you're busy." Louis giggled as Harry turned to look at him. Harry instantly noticed the sparkle in Louis' bright blue eyes as he laughed. Even when his heart was breaking in two, he still couldn't help but find Louis beautiful. "You can take a picture if you like."

Louis interrupted Harry's thoughts; he hadn't realised he had been staring at the boy. He felt his face start to blush until he remembered everything that had happened today. His expression dropped.

"What do you want, Louis?" he asked seriously.

"Oh, about today." Louis replied, noticing Harry's change. "You ran away."

"Yeah, what about it." Harry snapped, not wanting to have this conversation.

"Well, I- uhh, did I upset you or something?" Louis was normally more defensive when talking to Harry, but this time he sounded concerned.

"You tell me, Louis. What does it look like?" Harry raised his voice at the smaller boy.

Louis dropped his head. "I'm sorry Harry, I just don't know what I did. Was it Eleanor? Is she your ex or something?"

"It doesn't matter. We're not friends. I'm going to get Lottie now." Harry said sorrowfully as he walked away. Louis let him leave this time. Louis had realised his mistake earlier in the day.

Harry stayed upstairs as Lottie left, not wanting to face the boy again. All he wanted to do was cry himself to sleep.

~

The next morning, Harry stayed in bed for as long as he could. He didn't want to face reality. He didn't want to talk about the day before, or his conversation with Louis. It wasn't long before Gemma came in the room to pry about what had happened.

"Did Louis say something to you last night?" She asked. Harry rolled his eyes and curled back into bed, pulling the covers over his head. "Harry, come on. I want to help you."

"Yes. And I don't want to talk about it, so please, change of subject." He said harshly.

Gemma flinched at his tone but nodded. "Ok, um, Lottie's 18th is next week. She's having a party, and you are going."
Harry groaned. "No way am I going anywhere that he will be."

"Fine, I'll just call Niall and tell him to cancel the ferry then." Gemma shrugged as she stood up from the bed.

"What? Niall is coming?" Harry was confused. Why did Niall not say anything?

"I saw how sad you've been, and I thought maybe he would cheer you up." Gemma smiled. "Anyway, how else would I have convinced you to come to the party?"