Chapter 3 - Dr Robotnik's Proposition

The grounds are unsettled physically and by enormous tension, "I want the three of you to do something for me" Sonic says "huh, what no fight or anything?, you want us to wash your clothes or something" 

Knuckles butts in "if so, we're not doing it". 

"So, you refuse my request, well I didn't expect you to follow my demand" Dr. Robotnik turns away but at the last second 

"oh of course the blackmail" "what blackmail" Tails asks.

"SSQQUUIRRELS!! and Corey" Dr. Robotnik shouted, a shy squirrel who looked quite frail and the skinniest of the squirrels appeared out of the group of squirrels with a constant bemused look "yes boss" 

Robotnik commanded the Squirrel "show our audience the poor tragedy that had been conspired this evening".

"yes boss" The squirrel, Corey retrieves the recording from the squirrels and inserts it into a slot of the mechanized tower, where a television screen is lit up. The screen proceeds to play the imposter with the alias "Mr. Pebbleful".

Dr. Robotnik commentates "the poor Mr. Pebbleful a squirrel that had enormous potential and a will to live freely, until this fateful day where he is innocently protesting of this apparent echidna who endangers and terrorizes the many squirrels, until we come to this moment...".

The footage comes to the moment of the slight rumbling from the wrath of Knuckles, Robotnik further added "in the midst of his peaceful protest he was then assaulted by this said echidna he was so worried about..."

"...and not only that, a renowned saver of the people, known as Sonic, just laid back and had no reaction to this act of violence, a twist not even I saw coming".

Sonic was again thinking to himself "boy, he doesn't think anyone will believe this does he" as the end of footage was coming to be.

Robotnik further stated "... but what came of Mr. Pebbleful, oh I'll give you a warning this part not suitable for non-mature audiences".

The footage is cut to the ripped costume of Mr. Pebbleful with appeared to have hollowed out eyes and mouth, no sign of his legs and tears almost everywhere. There was a large collective gasp coming from the mass of Squirrels and Corey.

Tails interjects "that is a load of lies, you can't expect anyone to believe this" "that's where you are wrong Fox, look at my audience, so threatened and so terrified, it would be a miracle if they have access to some justice" Sonic, Tails and Knuckles are perplexed and ponder to what Robotnik has in store for them.

"That's where a mysterious benefactor comes in supports a contract in the early days of the old settlements of the island, between the echidnas and the squirrels" 

Knuckles raises his brow "what contract" "you don't know one and only contract the echidnas made where it states if a species is to attack the other, that species is hereby banished from the territory mentioned.

"That's crazy! the echidnas never made contracts and were always by themselves, you can't rewrite history, especially mine".