Chapter 5 - Teakwood

Tails is coming to be awake; he sees a creepy wooden mask with green paint smeared on it, unnerving him.

 The structure he is in, seems to be made entirely of wooden with the added comfort of sand which for some reason has been thrown somewhere.

He smells the sand, as well as hearing "WWOW!... Sonic this Teakwood is phenomenal, it feels amazing" 

"It's just wood Knuckles" "I don't expect you to get it" the voices of Sonic and Knuckles is heard again, bringing life to Tails, where he hits his head.

Too late to realize how cramped the shelter is "I'm guessing Sonic made this one, if I could only see Knuckles' reaction" Tails says in light humor. 

"Hey, the kids awake" "you're a kid" Sonic and Knuckles gets louder as they approach the shelter.

Sonic appears by the door "you alright" "I'm fine, how did we live, like we were dead" Sonic goes on to explain, "last night on the island when googly eyes punched me he put a device onto me..."

"...and I guess I didn't notice immediately because I was tied up. It only came off after I became super". 

"SUPER!" Tails was shocked as it has not happened for so long. Sonic adds "it's a long story".

Sonic hands the device to Tails "I know you can look after this" "this is the device?" Sonic further explains of the hologram "there was this great niece of Robotnik, known as Veronica, she told me the directions to this Auburnio".

"We need to go to a series of islands" Sonic says "how about a boat, can you make one?"

"it wont be anything fancy but it will work" "cool" as Sonic leaves to gather more materials Knuckles stops him.

"why not the emeralds Sonic" "not this again Knuckles" "whatever I'll claim this island and continue the second coming of our house".

Sonic leaves the home, but suddenly stops he is at least 8 meters away for the shelter and looks around at his surroundings, having the nervous feeling someone is watching him. After pausing for a minute, he speeds off.

Tails has his first moment of optimism in a long while, "Knuckles I want you to gather a... oh".

 Tails was shocked to see Knuckles wielding a pickaxe as big as his head being carried over his shoulder, it looked heavy but Knuckles was already known for his pronounced strength. 

"Tails, don't you think about telling Sonic, ill be back for dinner" Tails trys to take hold of the conservation "but...".

Again with his rash behavior Knuckles cuts him off "oh your making the dinner, better be good BYYYE!". Knuckles said as he hurries away to god knows where.

Tails alone again, decides to go through the forest as the other two went along each side of the coast, hoping to find a lot more interesting items and supplies.