Chapter 7: About Us

Gan Wang Xing was the Game Tester who have to work at the end part so he decided to help his boyfriend Jin Xiao with his level designer’s work.

As level designer, his work was to set the game environments. To define what obstacles and challenges the player will face and what enemies will be present. A level designer focuses on keeping the player engaged in the game.

They both sat together at the pool sight where no one was around at this time. Having their feet inside the blue clear water they enjoyed the view. 

The level designer plays different roles in game development, including:

• Deciding on the position of enemies, obstacles, and collectible items to challenge players and add depth to the play.

• Creating maps and missions based on the storyline

• Designing where players start and what happens when the player reaches the end of the level

Level designers also specify what new assets will be included in each level, from the backgrounds to the sounds and the different characters that may be present.

A designer is a creative mastermind behind the game’s concept, goals, rules, and mechanics. Generally, a designer will exercise typical roles in game development, the most important is working on how it will be played, and what players will experience in the game.

"Ugh! Fuck! I'm getting an headache." Jin Xiao says as Gan Wang Xing gives him a side eye on how dramatic he is.

"Babe, gimme a head massage please." Wang Xing knew what was coming. He sighs before massaging his forehead.

"I'll give you a reward for this." He says smirking.

"Who wants your fucking reward?" Wang Xing says as Jin Xiao fake cries.

"How can you be so cruel to me?" He says before engaging in his work.

~~~

The cold breeze softly blew across the beach as the beautiful scenery surrounded Guang and Junjie

They both were working...