CHAPTER 4

I bit my lips hard when I felt Sani's belt on my back. After  what seemed like forever, he stopped and picked up the hurt spoon,pressing it on my arm as a remembrance for this day.  I screeched when Sani pulled me by my hair, placing his disgusted mouth near my ear.

"The next time you tell Mom that I use your pathetic body will be your last day on earth "He threaten and pushed me away, making me bruise my elbow.

"You done, Sani?"I heard Maryam asked which make my eyes to pour more tears,Sani doesn't answer her instead I heard his retreating step

"Najma"Maryam called

"Y.....ye.....yes"I replied

"Come here"She said dragging me by my ear to her restroom and tossing me inside.

"Wash it whore"She shouted and slammed the door in my face mumbling some curses.
I looked around the restroom and cried,hugging my leg. Why is this happening to me? why do they hate me so much?what did do to them??

I question no one, and after a few minutes, I stood up and did the task she asked me to do.

*****

I woke in bewilderment when someone kindly poured cold water on me. I tried to steady my breathing, kneeling down.

"Go....good morning, Aunty"I said when I realised she was the one had woken me this late.

   She hissed,glaring at me ,scanning  my body from head to toe in hatred.
"Your granny requested for you"She said,and I refrained myself from smiling.

"Oh!"I whispered instead.

"You guys are living at 7 in the morning,and before then I want the house spotlessly clean"She said. I made the  mistake nodding, a big fat mistake.

"Ouch!"I cried rubbing my head where she knocked me.

"Mouth"She said

"Okay,Mam"I mumbled,and she glared at me and walked out, finally, I smile happily. Some days of peace, Alhamdulillah

UMAR P.O.V

I yawn and stretched, groaning at my sore back,I had been sitting on this sofa, doing nothing but playing with my phone. Suddenly Sageer ran toward me shouting

"Uncle,I won, Uncle I won" while Najeeb pouted tearfully.

"You sheated"Najeeb accused.

"I cheated?,when?"Sageer asked slightly angry.

"Just now. Uncle saw you"He said folding his arm and looking away with a pout.

"I did not"Sageer argued.

"Nope,both of you won"Faisal said, walking toward me. Both of them ran toward him,he picked Sageer up and twirled him,then picked up whining Najeeb and twirled him too.

"Dude,going to Batul?"Faisal asked looking at me expectantly.

"Okay, regards"I said which make his smile fall

"But ......."

"Can I come with you, Uncle?"Najeeb asked, cupping Faisal's face.

"Offcourse you can Jeeb,but promise me you won't compliment her"Faisal said while I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"I Pyomish"Najeeb said.

"Oy!is Sageer coming too?"Faisal asked,while Sageer shook his head no and ran toward me,hopping on my lap.

"Sure, bye then"Faisal said and walked away.

"Don't you know you are old enough not to sit on laps now, Sageer?"I teased slightly wincing.

"Oppsie!"Sageer blushes and sat next to me.

"Just kidding. So, how is school?"I asked

"Fine"He mumbled, not happy with the mention of  school
"Let chat, Uncle "Sageer said lively now.

"Have nothing to talk about,but here is my phone play game"I suggested.

"Tsk!! No, let's talk......umm...... I have some questions "He said,while I smile at him.

"Shoot "I said

"iiiiiiiisssss it true you..... you suck your thumb when you were small"He asked with hesitation which make me groan in annoyance.

"Who told you that?"I asked

"Momma. And she said you liked playing with water just like Najeeb"He said.
"And she said that you almost drown yourself too"He added,which make me groan more.

"Nana sure can't shut her mouth, can she?"I asked while he giggle.

"When i was young, I had a friend"I mumbled while he looked at me

"A friend?"He asked, I gulped and nodded,praying silently that she is alive and healthy.

"Yes. Her name is Angel,My angel"I added fighting back my tears.

"Wow!,where is she now ?"He asked

"I don't know. One day she just stopped coming to school, and neither was she at their house,up till now........ I....i don't know where she is"I wishper the last time.

"In Sha Allah, you guys will be reunited again, Uncle. Is that why you don't have Aunty Batul?"He asked which make me smile a little.

"Yup"

"Don't worry,In Sha Allah,you will see her again. I promise"He said which make me smile at his word and mumbled "Amin".

I don't even know if he understand what I say or what I meant, but his prayer means alot to me and gave me faith that I would see her again,my angel.

"I love you, Uncle" Sageer say  which make me smile and ruffle his hair

"I love you too, pumpkin"I said, kissing his cheeks.

"I miss Dad too sometimes you know. Do you think? "He asked which make me stiffened

"Offcourse he will,sweetie. Remember what he told you before he left?"I asked, smiling sadly.

"Yes,he said he will always look after us from where he is,and he loved us alot"He said which made me nod.

"He travel to paradise,and someday we will go and meet him too "I said, while he nodded,I know he wanted to asked something but went against it instead

"Can't wait to go. Did you know paradise is a cool place"He said which make me laughed

"It sure is a cool place, kiddo. And do you know the best thing?"I asked

"No"He said

"Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam and the rest of the prophet are their too"I said

"Wow,can't wait to go, Uncle. Can we go now, please? "He asked, which gave me have goosebumps at the mere thought of death.

"When our time comes, we will go their, son"I mumbled chuckle.

"I have assignment Uncle......................"and he continued with his question.

*****†*******†*******†*********†****

May Allah forgive and grant the deceased Jannatul Firdaus,and may Allah forgive us and make kalmat Shahada be our last words.

May Allah magnify your reward, and make perfect your bereavement, and forgive your departed.
Amin🙏🙏