Chapter Twenty Seven

Abhimanyu's Pov
When Ritu's brother stood at the door I was scared for a bit. But I won't ever let him harm Alia. I somehow convinced him and Ritu to walk with me to the garden so we can talk alone. I don't want her anywhere near Ritu's brother she is safe here.

"That was Alia Basu my girlfriend, the only girl I've ever loved."
"Are you out of your mind? You have audacity to say such things in front of me? You remember you are in my debt? You're married already and your actions are of betraying someone."
"Sir, ask your sister I've done nothing wrong. Our marriage was signed with a contract which legally allowed both of us to see someone else."
"But you never used it." Ritu said yet crying.
"Ritu he isn't worth talking to you. You knew the consequences and yet you did it. Now face my wrath." He was ready to punch me but Ritu came in between us.

"Are you stupid? You're yet protecting that bastard after what he did?" He shouted.
"Bhaiya, these person right here is the one who was always there for me and now when he turned his backs on me I need answers. I want him to explain it to me. Whatever it be, he is yet my husband and the chain in tied to my neck is a proof of that. I'm going to protect him no matter what until this chain is in my neck." She said with tears yet surprisingly bold enough to make her brother back out.

"You aren't going to do anything stupid. And Abhimanyu you will follow me. I need my answers." She said dragging me.

"Now, tell me why? You've never used that clause before not even for a simple date why now? Why you never even once mentioned it? You never even thought about using it before."

"That's because I was tied to a responsibility. You were that responsibility for which I derived myself off love. Or actually, I never really thought someone was worth it. I never thought someone was worth breaking a lawful and holy act of marriage even if it was not for love. Until I led my eyes on Alia. Ritu I've always known about your feelings for me. I never really felt the same. Even when I tried to." Ritu looked at me.

"You knew about my feelings? You...you really tried to reciprocate them." She said tears continously falling from her face.
"Yes Ritu, I tried to accept my destiny and tried to build a relationship with you. Why wouldn't I you were a perfect wife and a perfect daughter in law. You gave my mom the best treatment. I don't know how to thank you for that. I tried to move towards you but everytime I thought about taking a step ahead my legs took me two steps back. But when it was Alia I thought about taking two steps back and I ended up four steps ahead. I don't know why? Or how? But Alia gave my soul the peace which I once tried to find in you. I'm sorry Ritu I wish I would have told you about Alia sooner but your medical condition kept me from doing so. But now, when the truth is out then I also want to tell you. I officially want a divorce." I said.

"Are you serious Abhimanyu? I've been with you for 6 years and yet a girl who entered just some months back is more important to you?"

"Alia is not just a person for me Ritu. She is now my smile, my tear, my breath, my heart beat. I tried keeping my distance but I can't let her go. I didn't realize when she went from being a good friend to someone I care about and now to someone I'd willingly give my life for."

"Have you ever wondered, there was someone who can do that for you? Because there is."

"I'm sorry Ritu, I really am. I know I've wronged you by not telling you about my feelings clearly but I always kept my actions in a way which you'll understand. I never felt anything for you. Not even a tiniest bit. The only mistake I did was not telling you first about my feelings and then about Alia. And I surely accept any punishment you give me for that. All I ask for is a divorce."

"Please don't... don't say that Abhimanyu. I... you... we...." She wasn't able to speak she grabbed my hand and knelt down in front of me. I crouched to her level.

"Hey, please don't cry."
"You are making me cry. If you don't want me to cry then tell me you'll leave her and be with me. You'll never again ask for a divorce." As bad as I feel right now I can't say that. I'm not a monster I hate making her break down but it wasn't even in my hands.
"Say something." She shouted.

"I'm sorry. I love Alia. I'm always there as your friend Ritu but I can't ever be your husband. I'm sorry. I'll soon send a lawyer for the procedure." I said preparing to leave.

"You know my brother won't spare you if you ever did something like that. Don't put your life at risk. Save yourself just be with me and I will convince Bhaiya to accept you again. I can't promise you you're life if you step ahead. Step backwards and save your life." I turned to her.

"I never cared about my life when it comes to Alia. I'd rather die than being a coward. When I said I love Alia it means every breath I take belongs to her and only her. Besides I just know how to stop your brother. I can make him regret everything with just a call."

"You mean?" She paused.
"Yes."
"You really are willing to do that after all this years. You never used that power ever. You never used your power for anything even when your mom was on dead bed you chose to not use it and now you're so willing to use it. You seriously are using it for that girl? Are you really the Abhimanyu I know?"

"Maybe I'm not because the Abhimanyu you see right now. In front of you is the one who can do anything... and by that I literally mean anything if it results in protecting Alia and keeping her near me." I was about to leave when she said,

"Is she that important?"
"In case you doubt that, Yes she is important as important as breathing. I'll die if I have too just for her."