Chapter Twenty- Nine

Alia's Pov
My eyes hoped I'll see Abhimanyu standing right outside. But heart feared thinking if he'll be there? I trust him but the possibility is too less. I closed my eyes praying I'll see Abhimanyu as the door opens.

Once it was opened I slowly opened my eyes. And yes he was there standing leaning against the wall. Like he promised not even moving from his spot until he saw the nurse taking me out. This moment right now means a lot to me. It means a world to know that he was there. I trusted him, no doubt about it but this moment I felt like there really is nothing more important to him. I don't know what I ever do to deserve Abhimanyu in my life.

"Thank you." I said as he helped me to get to my room.
"For helping you? It's nothing princess."
"No not for that. For... for being right there when I needed you."
"I was there, I'm there and I'll be there princess. Like I always say I'd do anything for you just trust me and leave all the matter to me focus on getting better." He said kissing my cheek.

I really want to know what happened between Abhimanyu and Ritu this morning? Why did Ritu's brother took a step back? Will he come back with something more dangerous? As much as I want to know about it right now I just want to take rest.

"You're sleepy?"
"Yes, maybe it's the medicine."
"Okay, take a good rest princess. I have to go to work but I'll be back soon. Call me if you need anything." He said pecking my cheeks.

"I love you so much. I'm gonna protect you and be here no matter what Alia. Believe in me you'll be safe and I'll be right next to you always." He said tucking me in bed. Kissing me a goodbye as I mumbled 'I love you' in his ears.

                  Ritu's Pov
I was staring down the window from Ansh's office.
"You're again thinking about it?" I heard Ansh's voice behind me.
"I'm just thinking why is it so important for Abhimanyu?" He came besides me.
"You know him from years I do too, he never once mentioned about his father much less tried to use his power. He would never have been in the situation he is in if he used his status. After all he has gone through alone now's the time he is asking for help."
"Honestly it shocks me as much. He went through a lot struggling to even live but yet he choosed not to ever get in contact of his father. He always knew that one call can get him out of everything. But he always said, 'Ansh I'm not the one who will ever use him and his power get out of here. Mom choosed to not stay with him and struggled to bring me up it wasn't all to see me asking him to help me like a helpless child. I'll never do that. I'd rather die.' And here he is keeping Alia with him and just for the safety of that one woman he is ready to go beyond the limits he never thought he will. She is damn important." He said and as much as I hate it, that's the truth.

"Was I really not good enough?"
"Are you stupid Ritu?! Come here." He grabbed me and made me sit.
"You weren't the reason. You're infact the perfect partner a man can ask for. He was lucky to get you on his side as his wife. It's just he never really tried to see anything than a friend in you. He just couldn't. He saw it in Alia. Maybe that was just meant to be. But that doesn't make you any less. To be exact you guys aren't competitors. You guys actually are 2 different people and both of you have your own pros and cons. She is someone Abhimanyu saw peace in and you are someone I can always see goodness in." He said looking in my eyes those are words of comfort but they felt something more than just words as his eyes sparkled.

                      Abhimanyu's Pov
There I was my phone in my hand, the number I never saved on my display and a wrench in my heart. What am I doing? I'm just digging to deep in past what if it fires back? I was about to set my phone back but then I looked at Alia's face sleeping soundly.

A smile crept on my face. I want her besides me just like this for my entire life. I just couldn't stop my eyes from looking at her and my brain from thinking of her?

Can I know just how can I get her to stay? Because I want her to be mine totally mine. I want to look at her peacefully sleep every morning, hear her out when she talks about a recent novel idea, stroke her hair when she couldn't sleep and hug her when she wants to feel protected.

I want her to be mine. And for that I can go beyond any limits. Even if that means taking his help, I always said I'd rather die than that but if the cost is Alia I'd go beyond the last limit I set myself on.

Alia Basu you really have made me go mad. And for a matter of truth I want to go mad if it means having you to myself. I tooked a look at her smiled and the hand which was hesitant to press call, pressed it without even looking.

The phone rang, one ring, second ring, third ring,.... as the rings went on my heart started beating fast. There someone picked the call at the sixth ring.

"Hello?" A cold voice came from the other side. I went numb for a minute.
"Hello? Who's this? And where the hell you get this number from? If this is some kind of a prank you picked the wrong person." He was clearly raged.

"Hello, am I talking to Mr. Rosetti?"
"Yes, you are and where did you get the number?"

I hesitated and was not sure what to say next.

"Whoever this is answer me fast or knowing who called me isn't a big deal but you'll be in a pretty big deal."

"I'm Abhimanyu. My mom is Rose..." I don't know what to say but the voice from the other end softened.

"Rose... Pragati Verma?"

I could only hmm in the answer and the phone went silent.

I had no idea what to expect next or even what to talk next. What will be the result of this? I  could only think about it as my heart beat was clearly audible.