Chapter 4

*EDITED*

Working at the local restaurant kind of sucks because everybody from school goes there as there local hang out. It's also kind of embarrassing having everyone see me there with stains on my apron because people are clumsy, but I need money so I put a smile on my face and head towards a table that needs waiting.

"Hi my name is Riley and I will be your server for the night, can I start you off with something to drink?" I asked the man in the booth. When he looks up at me I see the most gorgeous green eyes ever. Looking at them feels like they are looking right through you into your soul sending a shiver down my spine. I guess he seen it because he smirked but answered, "Coke please" and with that I smiled and walked away to get it.

That guy seems awfully familiar, but I'm not sure from where. After I serve someone else, I go back to his booth with his coke and set it down, "Do you know what you're going to order or would you like a few more minutes?" I asked politely while getting my notebook out. "Could I get the bacon burger with fries please" he asked. "Of course, that's a great choice" I said, smiling while taking his menu and leaving to put his order in.

I start to think about who it could be but I still have nothing. It is really bugging me that he looks so familiar but I can't put my finger on who it is. Hearing the chime of the door brought me out of my thoughts and a bunch of laughter. Groaning I know that kids from school are here. Sighing and turning around i notice that it's Jackson, Lydia, Danny and Tyler (his boyfriend) so I put on a real smile this time and walked over to them. Laughing at them because they were picking on Tyler again, Danny looks up and waves at me. I walk with them to their seats, hand them a menu, because it's obligated, and started on their orders. "Lydia wants an ice tea extra lemon, Jackson a root beer hold the ice, Danny a vanilla milkshake and Tyler a Coke. Am I right or am I right?" I asked while chuckling at the look on Tyler's face. No matter how many times I do this, he is still as shocked as ever. Lydia just nods her head and I walk over to get their drinks.

"Order up!" Carl chimes from the kitchen, I go to grab it and walk back over the Mr. Hottie. "Here you go, is there anything else you would like?" I asked as if it was scripted, which I guess it kind of is. He just shook his head no. "Alright well enjoy, and if you need anything just call!" Smiling at him, I went back to grab my friends drinks and walked back over to them.

I don't even need to ask them what they want because I already know, they are in here all the time and if I didn't know my friends orders, something's wrong. Grabbing the menus I walked away counting down the hours until work is done.

Looking outside I notice that it's raining and that puts a damper on my mood. Looking around the diner to see if anybody needs anything else, I notice that Mr. Hottie is done. I go over, cleared his plates, and asked if he would like any dessert. Shaking his head no, I hand him his check and ask "cash or credit?" "Cash" he said and I don't know how I never noticed before but his voice is gruffly and rough, I like it.

He paid me the amount and left a generous tip. "Thank you, I hope you enjoyed your meal at Carls, have a great day!" Giving him a huge smile.
$10 tip is pretty damn awesome! I guess I made a good impression on him!

Getting off at 10pm is late on a school night but it's not too bad, it could be worse, way worse. When work is finally over it is still raining out, why? Why must it rain? I don't even have anything to cover my head while running to my car. Alright Riley, time to make a run for it, 1, 2, 3, RUN! Made it.

Driving home all I kept thinking about was Mr. Hottie, wondering who he is and why he looks familiar and Scott, how I haven't heard from him since lunch today.

Thinking that I deserve a well needed bath when I get home before bed,
I texted Stiles before I left work to start the bath for me so it is ready for when I get home, but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

Getting home I notice that dad had the late shift again tonight so he won't be home till early in the morning. Tomorrow I have off so I'll bring him some dinner like normal. Walking in the house I hear my bathtub running. "Thanks Stiles" I yell at him as I ran into my room and straight into the bathroom. Shutting the bath off, I stripped out of my work clothes, put my hair up in a bun and got into the bath. This feels amazing. People who say baths are for kids, obviously don't take enough of them. They help you and your muscles relax after a tiring shift at work.

Thinking about what happened today I hope things are still good between me and Scott, not hearing from him kinda put me down because he usually talks to me all the time or calls me after work.

I'll just find out tomorrow.