Chapter 13

Sitting on the rock with Derek and having him trying to comfort and talk to me, showed me that I can indeed trust him. "I didn't, but I do now, thanks Derek, it really means a lot" I smiled and leaned into his side resting my head on his shoulder. He tensed up a little but slowly relaxed and wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into a side hug. "You're welcome Riley, you're very welcome"

----------------------------

I don't know how long we sat there talking but when I got home I noticed my dads cruiser in the driveway, so either he's home for the night, or he's just on break and he's checking up on us. Walking in the door I try to close it slowly and quietly but I guess not quiet enough. "Riley? Stiles? Is that you?" My dad called from the kitchen. "It's me dad" I said as I walked towards the voice.

In the kitchen I see my dad standing by the counter eating what looks like left over cabbage rolls from the other night. "Hey Riles, where have you been?" He asked as I walked over and gave him a hug. "Just at Lydia's, I didn't realize how late it was, I'm sorry I didn't call or text you to let you know." I smiled slightly. Please believe me, please believe me! "Oh that's okay sweetie, I figured that's who you were with." He smiled and put his plate in the sink. "I'm headed back to work now but I have tomorrow morning off so I'll see you for breakfast. Goodnight Riley, I love you." Dad said giving me a big hug and kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight daddy, love you too" I yelled after him as he walked out the door.

Phew, that was a close one. If he found out that I was in the woods, let alone with an older guy, he would kill me. Deciding it's bed time, I shut off the lights and headed to my room. When I opened my door my room seemed like it was really cold for some reason. Turning my light on I was in for the shock of my life. My window was open, no, not just open, it was smashed open, glass all over the floor, my room was torn apart like somebody was looking for something. My sheets are torn, clothes all over the floor and my desk is toppled over. Walking around to see the damage I just happen to catch something out of the corner on my eye. Walking over to my window I see claw marks on the side like an animal or creature or something needed to grab onto it to pull themselves in. That was when I noticed these bright glowing red eyes staring at me from across the road. Screaming, I ran into my bathroom, shutting and locking the door, and pulled out my phone to call the only person I know who could help.

"Hello?" The rough voice said over the phone. "D-Derek" I stumbled over my words. "Riley? Is that you?" He asked, sounding more awake than before. Just as I was about to reply I heard a growling noise from outside my bathroom door. I started to whimper and cry thinking that I'm next, they tore apart my room and now they are going to rip me apart. "RILEY? RILEY ARE YOU THERE? ARE YOU OKAY? ANSWER ME!! IM ON MY WAY STAY ON THE PHONE WITH ME RILES, STAY WITH ME!" I faintly heard Derek yell at me as the growling grew louder and more fierce. I quickly grabbed my plunger and broken towel rod and hid in my bathtub. "H-h-hurry Derek, p-please hurry" I sobbed into my phone. I heard heavy breathing and twig snapping so I figured he is running here. "I'm almost there Riles, stay with me"
Whatever was in my room started to bang on the door, like it was ramming into it trying to get it open. Letting out another scream and sobbing loudly this time I didn't hear somebody calling my name. Forgetting that I was even on the Derek I just curled into a ball with the rod and plunger, hoping that whatever is out there doesn't get in. Just as the banging stopped I heard a bunch of loud growls that sounded like there was more than one thing in my room. I heard crashing and things breaking and more growls before everything went eerily quiet.
Not taking my chances in going out there. I stayed where I was wishing that Derek was here with me, or at least here to help.

Quieting down my sobs I heard a faint knock on the bathroom door. Holding my breath I listened intently to what it was and that was when I heard a faint voice. "Riley, it's me, come out pleases." I knew right there it was Derek.

Opening the door to my room I didn't think it could look any worse than what it already did..but boy was I wrong.