Chapter 6 - Who Are You Protecting?

After hearing about the horrible things Fidel done, Juan became angry while Hesh and Logan noticed that.

Hesh: *concerned* Juan. You okay?

Logan: Uuhh. I think he's angry about his uncle.

Juan: *glaring* Sim. His atrocities brought my family being hated and insulted.

Isla: *empathetic* Juan.

Juan: *angrily* Because of my pendejo uncle, my mother, Maria Bernardo was killed by a Federation deserter, who hated Fidel for killing his family and he also killed my father, Dominic Franklin by burning the house! And then he came after me! Only to be saved by a man wearing a balaclava. I was alone and--- *enraged* ¡ESE MIERDO MONSTRUO! ¡PERDÍ LA VIDA POR ÉL! NO LO PERDONARÉ ESO--- (THAT FUCKING MONSTER! I LOST MY LIFE BECAUSE OF HIM! I WON'T FORGIVE THA---)

Markus: Juan!

Logan: Calmate, muchacho. (Calm down, kid.)

Realizing he was losing control, Juan took deep breaths.

Juan: *sigh* *sad* Lo siento. I'm sorry for losing my calm.

Isla: *empathetic* Don't be. I understand how you must have felt. You must have been depressed. Did someone helped you recover?

Juan: Yeah. Carmen Diaz. She was a person who would't sit back and watch a poor kid like I was back then. *sad* I was homeless back then. Hungry. Sad. Rejected by everyone. I was about to think that no one cared about me. I was falling to despair, but then I met Carmen. *smiled* She took me in when I had no other place to go. She became my new loving mother, she was kind and understood me the most. After hearing about my uncle, I've enlisted in the Spanish Army, while Carmen left Jerez and lived at Las Almas.

Alex: And you've also joined the G.O.E. (Grupos de Operaciones Especiales).

Markus: But your time with them wasn't the best.

Juan: My former team never liked me or trusted me. And Cortez never cared about his own men, considering them nothing but pawns. I was so disgusted, and disapointed. So I left the unit. Then Carmen, mi mama asked me to come live at Las Almas with her and I did. I was so happy to live together alongside her, she also encouraged me to move on.

Isla: *smile* I could tell that she's a good mother to you.

Juan: *smile* Sim. One day, a fire in a house started while Carmen and I went home. I couldn't sit back and watch while a poor girl was in danger. So I rushed to save her. Despite all the flames, I've found a way to get us out of there. Carmen was relieved that I was save and, despite the fact she scolded me for being reckless, she's also proud I've saved the girl. The girl's parents thanked me for saving her. Three seconds later, a man who revealed to be a Las Almas Cartel sicario tried to attack the family, but i quickly neutralized him and let the police arrest him. 

Isla: Wow! You've done a good deed, sweetie!

Markus: *chuckles* That's why you don't mess with Juan.

Juan: Oftenly, the police were trained by the narcos. But I realised those weren't corrupted policemen or narco enforcers, but Mexican Special Forces. My good deed caught their attention. 

Logan: *smirks* It was then you've met them, Los Vaqueros.

Juan: The man with the balaclava appeared before me, the man of the same day. I remembered him. Then he took off the balaclava and revealed to be Major Pedro Ramirez. Then three other men came in. General Alejandro Vargas himself, Colonel Diego Ordaz and Pedro's son, Lieutenant Jose Ramirez.