𝐱𝐢𝐢. possessions

CALL YOUR MOM

ACT ONE: i'm called
mr forgettable

chapter twelve. possessions

THE OTHERS WERE A LITTLE SURPRISED when Piper came back on a pegasus with two unconscious demigods

THE OTHERS WERE A LITTLE SURPRISED when Piper came back on a pegasus with two unconscious demigods. While Frank and Hazel tended to Blackjack, Annabeth and Leo helped get Piper and the boys to the sickbay.

"At this rate, we're going to run out of ambrosia," Coach Hedge grumbled as he tended their wounds. "How come I never get invited on these violent trips?"

Piper sat at Jason's side. She herself felt fine after a swig of nectar and some water, but she was still worried about the boys.

"Leo," Piper said, "are we ready to sail?"

"Yeah, but—"

"Set course for Atlanta. I'll explain later."

"But . . . okay." He hurried off.

Mitchell didn't argue with Piper either. He was too busy examining the horseshoe-shaped dent on the back of Percy's head. "What hit him?" He demanded.

"Blackjack," Piper said.

"What?"

Piper tried to explain while Coach Hedge applied some healing paste to the boys' heads. Mitchell had never been impressed with Hedge's nursing abilities before, but he must have done something right. The boys both groaned and opened their eyes. Within a few minutes, Jason and Percy were sitting up in their berths and able to talk in complete sentences. Both had fuzzy memories of what had happened. When Piper described their duel on the highway, Jason winced.

"Knocked out twice in two days," he muttered. "Some demigod." He glanced sheepishly at Percy. "Sorry, man. I didn't mean to blast you."

Percy's shirt was peppered with burn holes. His hair was even more disheveled than normal. Despite that, he managed a weak laugh. "Not the first time. Your big sister got me good once at camp."

"Yeah, but . . . I could have killed you."

"Or I could have killed you," Percy said.

Jason shrugged. "If there'd been an ocean in Kansas, maybe."

"I don't need an ocean—"

Mitchell cleared his throat. "And I could kill the both of you, and I'll do it right now if you don't shut up!"

They shut up.

"Good. Now rest, or I'll knock you both out again."

"Food first," Percy said. "Please? And we really need to talk. Bacchus said some things that don't—"

"Bacchus?" Mitchell raised his hand. "Okay, fine. We need to talk. Mess hall. Ten minutes. I'll tell the others. And please, Percy . . . change your clothes. You smell like you've been run over by an electric horse."