I Hate Goodbyes

(Hi everyone!!! Ok, I kinda lied. Turns out, the place I am at has wifi!!! But I won't update as regularly as I'd like cause I'm going on hikes, riding motorcycles, etc. But I will update ASAP!! Another thing; I haven't updated "Struggling" in forever. Reason; I have nothing. Like, I seriously can't think of anything else for the book. I have so many plans for seasons 3-5, but I need to get past season 2. If any of you have a suggestion, PLZ TELL ME I WONT BITE YOU I REALLY WANT SOME HELP!!!!!!!)

2 weeks later

"Ok, you got a toothbrush?" I asked, holding a list.

"Yep." Mac answered, holding his bag of things.

"Toothpaste?"

"Yeah."

"Shaving cream?"

"Yes Mom." He smirked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, then it looks like you have everything." I mumbled, setting the list down. Today was the day Mac left for boot camp. He had shaved last night, so that amazing little stubble on his chin and upper lip was gone. He also had to get a haircut, and looked extremely off. We were standing in the living room, Mac going through his bag. I had a list of what to bring with him. He was dressed in his Army uniform that he received last night. The truck to pick him up was going to be here soon, and I wasn't looking forward to it whatsoever.

I sighed, looking down at my feet. Mac noticed. "Hon, I'll see you again in six weeks. It ain't that long." Mac stated, going over to me. Gently, he wrapped me in his strong arms. I curled up in his chest, tears running down my cheeks.

"I'm gonna miss you so bad." I sobbed.

"Angie, it ain't like I'm goin' to Iraq." Mac pointed out.

"I know." I mumbled, not wanting to let him go.

"I love you, never forget that." Mac murmured, rocking us back and forth.

"I love you too." I mumbled, squeezing his sides tighter.

"Love ya more."

"Doubt it." I mumbled, looking up at my handsome soldier.

"Oh really?" He questioned, leaning down. I met him halfway there, planting a sweet, passionate kiss on his lips. He kissed back, pulling me closer, as if it was physically possible.

Suddenly, Maria started crying from her room. I pulled away from Mac, tears welling up in my eyes. "I gotta get our baby." I mumbled, placing a hand on his cheek.

"I'll be right here when ya get back." He murmured, giving my forehead a small kiss. Then I turned around, and made my way down the hallway towards Maria's room. On my way, I paused and glanced at the pictures on the walls. We had gotten several family pictures taken recently. One was of Maria when she was still newly born. The background was black, and she was laying on her stomach with her legs and arms curled under her body. Her eyes were closed, and she was wearing a frilly pink dress. Another picture had Mac, Maria, and I standing under a gazebo. Mac was wearing a white tux top, with black bottoms. I was wearing a short white dress with my hair pulled back in a black band. Maria was slightly older. She looked absolutely adorable in a white dress similar to mine. She was squished between Mac and I. We were all (with the exception of Maria) smiling at the camera. Or, at least, facing it.

Looking at the photographs of our family, I got an idea. Running to our room, (Maria still crying) I dug around my bedside table, looking for a camera. I finally found it; an old fashioned, automatically printing camera. I trotted to Maria's bedroom, and lifted her out of the crib. She stopped crying the moment I held her, and glanced up at me.