Chapter 6

Author's note: yall im so sorry if this is getting boring BUT ill add some more interesting parts dw 😭 i js lacked motivation ig? oh well oot but should i make a short where kio/odi fall in love?? HAHA cz i intentionally made them to be like odysseus and diomedes since theyre an underrated ship :'( (shoutout to that one au) ok this is so long enjoy though :3
--

I dated Jada.

I was with my friends on a bench, sipping some water. Our PE teacher gave us a break from twenty minutes of rigid practice.

Odile spat out what she was about to swallow in a corner. "What?! I thought you only liked her?"

I looked sternly at the redhead. "Truth is, yeah. I dated her last year. You know the incident where Moxie and Cady and the other eight 'confronted' me?"

"I see, I see. But... what the fuck? All over Jada? Cady's toxic, she didn't deserve her."

I simply nodded as we were about to get back to practice. I was appointed team captain (since I was the only one who got formal lessons aside from the ones required to learn in 5th grade), which meant I had to give lots of orders, make lots of plans, and use my voice every three seconds. It kind of sucks but as long as Pat's there, I'm willing.

We were quite undefeatable somehow, given the extra training time I've been giving them and the member lineup itself. And with Pat as one of the center midfielders, I'm sure I can keep a close eye on her– being another center midfielder. We were doing 5-3-2 so it's pretty much okay. Well, I assured myself that it was okay. Practices were.. okay..

Fine. Something's been bothering me. I felt something, like a strong wind against my back. Wherever I go, I hear whispers and mutters here and there. Unspeakables, I thought. I get that they hate me a lot, but not to the point of what looked like envy and evil stalker-ism. I mean, y'all have no rizz and can't keep up on your mewing streaks. Stop yapping on my NGL and get a life, guys.

"Chi! Hello? Anything wrong?" I got back to myself again seeing Odile and Pat, both covered with sweat, waving agressively at my face.

I shook my head. "N-nothing." Yeah. Absolutely nothing. I sighed loudly. "Shall we... go back to formation?"
--
I spent my free time alone with Pat, cuddling on a swing in the playground. I unconciously started singing softly.

"Say you love me, say you love me, segyeui kkeutkkaji; all or nothing, I want all of you.."

"I love you."

Once again, I felt my face turn red. I smiled, turned to her, and kissed her cheek.

"Your voice is actually quite amazing. Why don't you sing?"

I blinked at the question. "Ehh! I'm shy~!" I said in the worst and cringiest manner yet. We chuckled for a bit.

"Bro has rizz. Can you continue 0x1 Lovesong? I love the way you sing it," she requested shyly. "Okay," I went on.

"Nan munje tuseong-i, lovesick, giri eopseosseo; jugeodo johasseo, I'm a loser in this game.."

We stayed like this for a few minutes; enjoying each other's company, enjoying the moment itself. Nowadays, especially with the ongoing drama, it's pretty rare to have moments like this– even with your girlfriend. We were there, wrapping our arms around each other, in silence. That peaceful silence people crave for. The sweet, peaceful silence I've been craving for over the past few days. Silence. With her. What a feeling.

And then her voice.

"Can I ask you something?"

I tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Go ahead."

"Name one highschooler who was happy. Like actually."

That was so random. A highschooler who was happy? I thought for a while but nothing came into my mind. I shook my head partly in confusion.

"You can't?"
"I can't."

"Tell you what. I'll probably be the first. Swear it."

"Why me? Is there something about me that could make you happy for an eternity?"

She took it as a joke. "Of course there is! It's you. You're the reason. Swear it." We were less than an inch away from each other.

"I swear it," I said under my breath. Before I could say anything more, she leaned forward and closed the gap between us. A familiar heat rose within me, it always did when it was about– her. It felt like it was our first kiss. I tasted something that might've been honey, mixed with her strawberry pound cake lip gloss. It lasted for about five seconds, enough for at least one person to walk by– but to my relief, no one did.

I suddenly realized that within these five-ish months of dating, none of the Unspeakables, not a single one among the ten of them, has ever caught us kissing. Not even the slightest bit. Not even for a split second. Have we been planning our kisses carefully? The thought made me chuckle.

I then stared at her and her surreal beauty. I never got tired of the same face. That pretty, round, rosy face she had. It's like she was drawn to perfection. She almost doesn't need makeup as it doesn't make a change. She's already really, really pretty. Emphasis on really. My skibidi rizzler. Who could have a life without someone like her?
--
note: i got a few lines from tsoa (swear it parts) then improvised it a lil to fit the story. im so unoriginal ahahahha. anws hope you liked this chapter and lets try to get these rankings higher again shall we? ily guys xx rel