11. Play Pretend

Mingyu and Wonwoo walked down the stairs side by side. It was Wonwoo's first official appearance in the house and the place was busy. Maids going in and about greeting Mingyu as they passed by and Wonwoo felt a little shy but Mingyu's presence reminded him that he was protected ... he was really nervous but safe.

Reaching the dining room, Mingyu suddenly put a hand around Wonwoo's waist, to which the Omega flinched for a second but forgot about it a second later when Erin came running their way

"Good morning my beautiful babies" she said with a big and warm smile snatching Wonwoo away from Mingyu and the Omega chuckled "Good morning Erin" he replied with a tuned energy

"Did you have a good night?" She asked and Wonwoo glanced over at Mingyu for a split of a second "Yes Erin I did, how was yours?"

"Wonderful ~ I was too excited after our dinner, I had a great sleep"

Mingyu smiled to himself as he pulled the chair to the dining table.

"I was thinking you and I could go shopping today? Maybe lunch too?"

She takes the seat on Mingyu's right side and without thinking twice, Wonwoo takes the one of his left.
"I'd like that Erin, but I have somewhere to be first, I'll make sure I catch up to you?"

Her grin and excitement could never be greater "Perfect ... oh, I wasn't sure what you like for breakfast, so I got you a little bit of everything"

A little bit of everything came in a form of a buffet, Wonwoo's eyes widened seeing just how much food was placed in front of him.
"Erin this is too much really ... thank you" he whispered in disbelief

"Well I hope you enjoy it"

Mingyu quietly poured his coffee, he had a toasted bread with eggs and cheese while Wonwoo slowly munched on some fruits. Erin was super excited but kept quiet for a while just watching her son and his Omega peacefully having their breakfast

"You're too quiet this morning Gyu" She pointed out and Mingyu raised an eyebrow "When was I ever loud?"

She huffed "It feels like it was yesterday you were waking up at dawn just to ramage through the kitchen and run toward the woods"

Wonwoo smiled to himself thinking how mischievous the Mafia was when he was a kid

"I still do"
He says coldly, eyes still fixed on his cup of coffee and Erin chuckled "Yeah I know" ... "How about you Wonwoo? Any hobbies other than running away in the woods?" She said sarcastically glaring at her son

"Humm ... I like to read sometimes, honestly I never had the chance or the time to think about hobbies"

She frowned "Why not? I'm sure you're there's something you're passionate about"

Wonwoo was flustered, he didn't know what to say and Mingyu suddenly stood up "Another time mother, we have places to be"

"Oh come on, he didn't even finish his coffee, let him be"

"Actually, Mingyu is right Erin, I'm sorry but we have to go"

She sighed feeling disappointed, "Okay, I'll see you later then?"

"Yes, of course" Wonwoo said before greeting her goodbye, stood up and followed behind Mingyu.

"Let me hold your hand" the Mafia whispered and a small "huh?" Escaped Wonwoo
"The house staff are watching, I want them to believe that you're my Omega, let me hold your hand"