8. Closer

It was about 9am when Mingyu finally came back home with Seungcheol trailing behind him. The two Alphas seemed to be content and in a good mood, whatever work they had done over the past couple of days seemed to be going well for them and for a while, even Mingyu himself just wanted to hurry back home and check on his little Omega.

Mingyu was rushing his way through the stairs only to find Jeonghan waiting for him at the top.

"Mingyu wait" the young doctor called for him and Mingyu looked up sensing the worry in Jeonghan's voice

"Jeonghan ... I trust everything's okay under your watch?" Mingyu asked hoping for the best but what he got didn't really satisfy his curiosity

"Not exactly" Jeonghan decided to be honest and simply have a little talk with Mingyu. From behind the Alpha, he could see Seungcheol coming up his way as well "What's going on Jeonghan just tell us" Seungcheol said softly taking Jeonghan's hand and standing next to him

"Wonwoo's fever spiked up this morning, he just dozed off I'd rather let him rest"
Jeonghan sounded a bit tired and a bit weary

"Why? What happened?" Mingyu asked scanning the Omega's face again and again looking for answers

"He's not nested, he doesn't feel safe to rest properly"

"He was fine when I left"

Jeonghan sighed "Mingyu you can't  suddenly drag someone into YOUR world and expect them to settle right away, especially when that someone is as fragile and innocent as Wonwoo"

"Where is this coming from Jeonghan?"

"Mingyu when you brought him here, more like saved him and brought him here, in my opinion you two formed a bond, fake or otherwise, he's drawn to you, he's still an Omega and just like any other Omega, he'll look for stability ... he's scared and injured, it would be nice if he had an Alpha he could count on and help him settle ... fake or not"

Mingyu seemed to be taking Jeonghan's words a little too seriously than the Omega originally thought he would ... did he really care about what was happening to Wonwoo? Or was it just all part of the fake play he was hosting.

Mingyu took a good minute before he stepped forward and Jeonghan sighed in frustration "Please don't wake him up he needs to rest" Jeonghan said knowing exactly where the Alpha was heading and once he was out of sight, Seungcheol grabbed Jeonghan's wrists softly

"Hannie you know better than to trigger him like that" Seungcheol was a little annoyed and saw the look on Jeonghan's face

"He's so sweet Cheol, I have no idea how Mingyu is going to do this because Wonwoo is precious and he's nothing and I mean nothing like Mingyu's usual type"

Seungcheol sighed "And do you think it's your job to make it all better?"

"I can at least try Cheol, you should've seen him trying to come out with things to make himself happy and couldn't ... and where the hell were you I haven't heard from you since that morning"

"Cleaning up Jack's mess, most of his men defected and joined us and there was just so many meetings and so much explanation to do"

Jeonghan pulled Seungcheol into a tight hug and sighed deeply right over his shoulder "One of these days you're going to come home with a gunshot or something and I won't —-"

"Shhh" Seungcheol squeezed him in his arms "Where is this coming from really That's never going to happen"

"Please promise me Cheol" Jeonghan asked and Seungcheol couldn't ignore his little request "I promise you my Angel"