Chapter 19.

Ryan Kingston

Ryan Kingston

5 months later
Friday afternoon
June 1st

"Yo bump is so small, for you to be five months along." I lifted Sanai's shirt a little rubbing her baby bump.

"I was scared at first, I thought something was wrong with the baby. But i'm so exciteddd, just a couple more hours, and i'll know the gender." She squealed doing a celebratory dance. I furrowed my eyebrows deeply out of concern. Whatever that dance is— she need to stop it.

"When are y'all sending out the information for the baby shower? My ma wanted an exact date before started prepping and stuff." I mentioned our phone call from earlier before I forgot. My ma had offered to cater for the baby shower and Sanai happily accepted.

"Tomorrow, We picking up the invitations after my appointment." She smiled, This girl so geeked to find out the gender. I think it's a boy. "Yess, my lil girl finna be here in october!"

"Im telling you, it's a boy. My mama even said it! You know she be predicting shit." I exclaiming, i'm really convinced it's a boy and I hope i'm right too. We all placed a bet on the gender, me and Drew the only ones to think it's a boy— well I know it is.

"Girl gone head and send me my money now. I know my child." She said, pulling every black mama favorite card.

"Please don't start that." I laughed rolling my eyes. "Baby ain't even came out yet, I know you gone piss my nephew off, every chance you get. Y'all got the names together?"

"You already know we do, I been adding baby names to my notes since middle school. Remember we had that long ass argument on who was gone use Amari?" She laughed bringing up the old argument, that almost ruined our friendship.

"We was so damn childish, I swear. I'm glad we agreed on just giving our kids the same middle name. They gone be the best of friends." I smiled just thinking about it. We all made a pact to just give our first borns the same middle name. We were young and dumb, but we made a pinky promise so we gotta honor that.

"I can't believe we agreed to that. I hope all of our kids are bestfriends, Ouuu, we can do playdates and stuff! Yea y'all need to get pregnant. I got a whole plan and it can't be messed up... It feel so unreal though, i'm really about to be somebody mama. Like i'm creating a whole life inside of my belly." She rambled, smiling at nothing in particular.

"I already know you gone be a good mother, you always been good with kids. Now me on the other hand, I can't deal" I shook my head in disapproval. "All that throwing tantrums and biting shit be blowing me, like is you cool!!??"