TEN

***Please read before continuing***

Disclaimer & Trigger warning:

This content may include explicit material. It is recommended that individuals who are sensitive to certain themes exercise caution while reading as the content may be disturbing or upsetting.

Contains: abuse, neglect, drug/narcotic use, alcohol consumption, panic/anxiety attacks, graphic violence, strong language, and 18+ content.

Read at your own risk.

Thank you for reading and enjoy the story.

____

"Please girl, dry your eyes, never let up.

Forgive but don't forget, girl, keep your head up."

-2pac, Keep Ya Head up

____

1993

______

Brady and her friends were posted up at the Kwik-way food joint, blasting DJ Quik out of her car subwoofers.

"B, watching your dad beat Javon's ass was the funniest shit I've seen." Percy laughed and nudged Brady while chewing on fries.

Brady shook her head, blowing smoke from her blunt.
"That's what his funky ass gets. Shouldn't have been fucking with me to begin with."

"I know that's right. Shit I wish I had a pops to come beat my baby daddy's ass." Khadijah complained.

"Still going through it with Romero?" Brady asked.

"Bitch yes! And not to mention I gotta damn near beg him to take care of his kids." Khadijah had two kids by the age of sixteen and was stressed out. Once her mother found out she was pregnant with her first child at fourteen, she put her out on the streets. Khadijah moved in with her older boyfriend and dropped out of high school to get a job to support her kids.

"Damn that's tough 'Dijah." Brady responded, before Khadijah could complain further, they were cut off by loud yelling.

"Get the fuck away from me!" Rhonda shouted causing everyone at the Kwik-Way parking lot to look her way. She stormed away across the parking lot from her boyfriend Don'Tarious as they were arguing.

"Looks like I ain't the only one dealing with a Triflin nigga." Khadijah commented.

"You sho' ain't. Here they go again." Percy sighed, also watching the couple.

"Rhonda get yo' pipsqueak looking ass back over here!" Don'tarious yelled grabbing Rhonda's arm, but she snatched it back.

"Fuck you nigga, you ain't my daddy! I don't even know why I'm putting up with yo' triflin ass. You stay fucking with dirty ass West Oakland bitches!"

It was a common saying by East Oakland-born girls were stuck up and that West Oakland girls were dirty; causing the two locations to have minor beef.
However, it was absolutely true about the two.