ELEVEN

***Please read before continuing***

Disclaimer & Trigger warning:

This content may include explicit material. It is recommended that individuals who are sensitive to certain themes exercise caution while reading as the content may be disturbing or upsetting.

Contains: abuse, neglect, drug/narcotic use, alcohol consumption, panic/anxiety attacks, intense violence, SA, strong language, and 18+ content.

Read at your own risk.

Thank you for reading and enjoy the story.

____

"God is who we praise,
Even when the devil's all up in my face."
-Bone Thugs-n-Harmony

____

1993
______

"Hi, you've reached the home of Brandt and Brady Alexander. Leave a message after the tone." *Beep*

"B? It's Ronnie. Are you there? Girl I'm so sorry! I heard what happened. Please call me back!"

*Beep*

"B, it's your aunt and Uncle, Ronnie told us what happened! Sweetheart, please pick up we're worried about you. We wanna help. Tell us where you are, Please! Call us back!"

*Beep*

"B. It's your boy Miles. I'm sorry. I hate what happened to you, your pops was a cool dude. If you need anything call me."

*Beep*

"Aye sis. Its Percy. I'm so sorry sis. My bro's torn up about it too, Brandt was a real nigga...Look everyone's worried about you. Your folks are looking for you. Hit me back. It's all love."

*Beep*

"Hey, it's your Uncle Earl. We're worried sick about you, please call us back. We just wanna make sure you're okay. Your Aunt and I want you to come stay with us. We'll petition with the courts to have you with us legally B, but you have to work with us and call us please. we love you--"

*Beep*

"You have reached the capacity of this inbox--"

"--Where do you want this boss?" A chubby mover yelled after snatching the answering machine plug from the wall.

"Toss it man." Another sweaty mover said.

Brady's place where she once called home was dark and empty. Life no longer existed within that home. The state eventually sent movers to clean out the home, in preparation for it to be sold.

The movers were hustling to get finished before their shifts ended. The chubby mover went into Brandt's room and picked up his bedside table. The drawer fell to the ground and broke into pieces. "Shit!" He exclaimed.

As he picked up the contents inside, he came across a picture that Brady unintentionally left behind. It was of Brandt and Brady on the day of her middle school graduation. Valerie had taken a picture; Brandt was so proud that day he kept the picture close to him.