Chapter 3 - Shut up and Dance

After our successful performance at the school event, life at university seemed to settle back into its usual rhythm. But then, the very next morning, we found out there was another event happening-a party, this time. Posters were plastered everywhere, announcing the big bash.

During lunch, our group huddled together, talking about the upcoming party. Mikha was practically vibrating with excitement. "We have to go! It's going to be epic!"

Gwen nodded enthusiastically. "Yeah, it'll be a blast."

Sheena was scrolling through her phone, already looking up outfit ideas. "I'm in. What about you, Aiah?"

Aiah looked hesitant. "I don't know, guys. I'm not really feeling it."

"Come on, Aiah," Colet said, her voice gentle but persuasive. "It'll be fun. We all need a break."

Mikha chimed in, "Yeah, you can't miss this. We haven't had a proper night out in ages."

After a few more moments of convincing, Aiah finally sighed and smiled. "Okay, okay. I'll go. But only because you all want me to."

The night of the party arrived, and we all gathered at the venue, a vibrant mix of lights and music setting the mood. Everyone seemed to be having a great time, but for some reason, I couldn't shake a feeling of unease. I moved through the crowd, trying to enjoy myself, but my heart wasn't in it.

Colet noticed almost immediately. She found me standing near the edge of the dance floor, looking lost. "Hey," she said softly, touching my arm. "What's going on?"

I shrugged, trying to put on a brave face. "I don't know, Colet. I just... I'm not really feeling it tonight."

Before I could say more, she smiled and interrupted me, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Shut up and dance with me," she said, grabbing my hand.

She pulled me onto the dance floor, and despite myself, I started to relax. We moved to the music, laughing and losing ourselves in the moment. For a while, it was just us, dancing and forgetting everything else.

Then, a girl bumped into Colet, nearly knocking her over. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" the girl exclaimed.

Colet steadied herself and smiled. "No worries! What's your name?"

"I'm Jhoanna," she replied, a bit flustered. "This is my friend Stacey."

"Nice to meet you, Jhoanna. I'm Colet," she said, pulling out her phone. "Let me get your number. We should hang out sometime."

As they exchanged numbers, a pang of jealousy hit me. I tried to shake it off, feeling silly for being upset. But before I could dwell on it, Colet was back at my side, her smile warm and reassuring.

As the night drew to a close, we found ourselves back with our friends, everyone tired but exhilarated from the night's festivities. I looked at Colet, feeling a deep sense of gratitude for her. She always knew how to lift my spirits and make everything better.

Walking home, Colet and I lagged behind the rest of the group. She squeezed my hand and gave me a knowing smile. "Tonight was fun, wasn't it?"

"Yeah," I agreed, my heart full. "It really was."