THE BALL

Jungkook blinked his eyes open slowly. He just woke up to a familiar voice waking him up politely,
"Seventh prince, please wake up, it is time for the ball now, the second prince has ordered me to wake you up and to remind you to present yourself at the ball in an hour. "
Jungkook opened his eyes and sat on the bed, his eyes still droopy but he managed to recognise the head maid standing before him, her eyes casted towards the ground.

Jungkook squeezed his eyes with his hand, " I will be there in an hour. Thank you. You may go ", he said in his raspy voice. He sounded a little hoarse due to all his cryings. The maid left bowing her head down. She has literally raised the little prince from when he was way too young after the demise of the late queen eunhyun. Jungkook was only a few days old during the death of his mother. He didn't remember any memories of his mother, though he always imagined and craved for her love. He had been always close to the head maid and saw her as a mother figure  since his early childhood but jin strictly reprimanded him and the maid to maintain a distance, he could not afford a mere maid to get close to his little brother. Jin even threatened her a death sentence, if he found jungkook being close to her.
However, Jungkook himself distanced himself from her not to bring any pain to her.

Jungkook limped to his room, his legs did hurt but not as much as before. He could not afford to miss the party or get late. Jin had let him off the hook once , he could not expect it again .

He went into the shower room , the maids had already filled in his tub with steaming warm water and rose petals. He always loved sweet scents. Jungkook politely asked the maids to leave, so that he could shower ; He took off his royal robes and dipped himself into the tub . He felt so relieved, the pain slowly seeping out.

He got out of the shower, he walked out into his room , his hair covered with towel, and his body draped with a bath robe. The emperor had chosen his outfit for the ball. Jin usually chose the outfits for his brothers on special occasions. He always wanted everything that belonged to him to be perfect .

Jungkook looked at the dazzling outfit before him, the cloth woven out of beautiful silk, with gold embroidered all over, he had never been a fan of luxury ever since he was young.

He dressed himself in his outfit , his hair neatly combed; the crown with blue stone perched on his head,it indicated his power of ice ;the elegant smelling perfume sprayed all over him . He looked at himself in the mirror , he had grown a few inches in the last few months. He surely had been growing very fast. He was sure he would exceed his jimin hyung 's height at this rate. He smiled to himself at the thought. He would become a great wolf and help the poor and needy people as well as orphan children to the best of his ability. He wished to perish injustice.

Jimin on the the other hand walked into the Royal ball room . His clothings were no different from jungkook, they were golden in colour that matched with stone on his crown. He smiled excitedly . He really had looked forward for the ball. He looked around the grand ball room . The floors dazzling with shiny glasses . The  large chandeliers with the intricate gold carvings  hanging from the ceilings lit up the entire  ball room with the golden light . The large haegums were placed in the room with traditional instrument  players  holding  them, playing elegant music . Jimin loved music as well as dance , his eyes shone with delight at the sound of the beautiful music .Jimin felt himself drawn to the music .He closed his eyes to enjoy the music his hands eagerly traversing in the air along with the rhythm of the sound .He once have learnt to play haegum by a kind player when he was young. Jin however strictly prohibited him from playing any kind of music . He considered music as something cheap for a prince to learn . According to jin, his brothers needs to be tough and something like music was too soft for them.

Jimin felt a tap on his shoulder interrupting him from his trance of music , he turned around to see his twin looking  at him with a playful smile . Jimin squinted his eyes at him , " Why are you looking at me like that ? Is there  something on my face ? " he asked Tae .  Taehyung nodded his head , his face still had a big smile . Taehyung was in his beautiful green attire with the green stone shining on his crown . He looked as handsome as ever with an elegant boxy smile on his face. 

Jimin started rubbing his face with his hands , " what is it Tae ? " he asked looking confused at his twin' s reaction . Tae made a poker face pointing his finger out at jimin's face  ," There ,There, .....your love for that young girl playing haegum " , he said and burst into laughter .

Jimin stopped wiping his face off and looked at Taehyung with a done face before smacking him on his head . " I was listening to the music and not looking at the girl ," he said annoyed at  being accused falsely by his twin.   " I can see that " ,  Tae smirked .

Jimin just sighed before asking , " Well where is jungkook ? , I hope he won' t be late again and get into trouble . " 

" I am here , hyungs ", Jungkook said smiling .