Chapter 7 (East Blue Saga)

Ki and Sanji drug the rubber boy into the cabin of the restaurant to rest after the Krieg pirates were gone. She plopped him onto the tatami mat and pulled the blankets over her snoring brother. Sanji took a seat in the window seal, smoking a cigarette and looking out onto the sea. Ki scooted against the adjoining wall and drew her knees up to her chest. She laid her crossed arms on her legs and rested her head atop them. Before she knew it, she too was asleep, the exhaustion racking her body finally taking hold.

...

A couple hours later, Luffy jolted awake, looking around and patting his head nervously, "Ah! My hat! Where's my hat!?"

Sanji pointed to a dresser in the back of the room, "It's right there, calm down!"

Ki picked up the straw hat and plopped it on the boy's head with a giggle, "Don't worry Luf', we wouldn't let anything happen to it."

Sanji shrugged, "Have a good nap?"

Luffy searched around the room, "Hey, where are those pirates?"

Ki patted Luffy on the shoulder, "They're all gone."

Sanji finished with a grin, "Thanks to you."

Luffy cocked his head to the side, "Me?"

Sanji smirked with a cigarette between his teeth, "Yeah, Gin asked me to tell you that he said, see you on the Grandline."

Luffy answered, confused, "Huh? He did? To you?"

Ki and Sanji frowned but the cook yelled, "No! To you!" Sanji stepped out of the window onto the upper deck and leaned against the wood railing.

Ki took his place in the window spot as Luffy continued, "Soooo I guess I don't have to do anymore of those lame-o chores now that I got those pirates off your back, right?"

Sanji didn't turn around but spoke curtly, "That's the deal."

Ki smiled and gave Luffy a thumbs up, "We're home free to get outta here and go after Nami and the Merry."

Luffy rocked back and forth excitedly in the cook's direction, "Hey, I was wondering-"

Sanji grunted, "No, I'm not gonna run away with you to become a pirate."

Ki wore a frown, with a slightly pouty lip as she swung her legs out the window, "Really? Even if I ask?"

Sanji cooed and cupped her hands in his own, "I would do anything for the Key to my heart, my love!" His coy expression quickly turned solemn, "But I've got some unfinished business here. I'll stay until Zeff acknowledges my skill."

Luffy hopped up on the window frame with Ki and replied coldly, "OK then, I give up," The boy's rubber arm flung out and grabbed Sanji by the collar.

Sanji choked out, "That means you'll let go!?"

Ki stepped out and gripped Luffy's hand, uncoiling each finger from the fabric of Sanji's shirt, "Hear him out, kiddo. I guess you can't force him to join. As much as I would love to kidnap him, we've gotta let him make his own decisions."

Sanji straightened his tie and rested his elbows on the railing, "I can't just leave. These bozos don't know the first thing about how to run a restaurant. But still I promised myself, one of these days I'll go to the Grandline."

Luffy slingshot past Ki and perched himself on the railing next to Sanji, "Ahahah, Well, let's go right now!"

Sanji didn't meet Straw Hat's eyes, "It's just not the right time, not yet. There is one place. Say, have you ever heard of the All Blue?"