Update (PLEASE READ)

This may be unfortunate for thr people who have long since followed my stories but I need to address this and I feel I owe an explanation. If you have been a fan of my works I would appreciate if you were to read this post to understand where I'm coming from on the lack of updates.

I started writing my first story in High school which was the Ninjago x RWBY crossover that has since been deleted as well as generic abused reader x RWBY that I created as a parody of fanfictions of similar nature. (These have long since been deleted permanently from my account).

When I got back into reading fanfics, I had found the whole "Union" crossover genre that plagued the site for so long (it seems to have died down though). Like the neglected and abused RWBY fics, I found them to be a strange guilty pleasure even though reading them made me extremely angry. This was my first major introduction to High School DXD by the way which really soured my opinion of the characters for a long time but I've become more accepting of it once I learned more about canon.

I bring this point up because my spite for the Union fanfics is where my most popular fic, Devastation and Redemption began. The initial goal was to use the general basis of the Union style story while subverting the common tropes that I disliked.

Additionally this would also give me the chance to write for different franchises that I've loved such as RWBY, MHA, and Genshin Impact. I was originally going to include DXD to complete the main 3 from Union stories but seeing as how I have never watched it I did not feel confident enough to portray it and given my negative feelings about the series at the time I decided against it. Instead I included Soul Eater in its place as I have at least have seen the anime and have general knowledge on it.

As I got into it I loved writing it and creating my own story. What I did not expect was that it would be read by so many and I would get quick fame on Wattpad for it. I remember everyone I uploaded a chapter I would wait and see who would read and like, and the comments that would roll in. It made me happy seeing the read count continue to go up and up.

However eventually I started to run into a few issues. With the amount of crossovers within that story I wanted to include, I quickly found out that I was acting way too ambitiously in this pursuit. Not only did I have tons of characters in the MC's harem, but I also did not know how I would properly fit them into the narrative and allow them to have romantic interest in the main character (who is technically both a male reader character and an OC at the same time). First I thought I would whittle down the harem members but even then I realized that there were still to many... so I decided to split the book up into a series of spinoffs from the main one ( Seen with the Star Rail Book).

Another problem I was having was finding the write way and wording to properly articulate my ideas. There are numerous times throughout my writing process where ideas would constantly change and when I would go to put it down and type it out, i never felt I could get how I wanted to word in a professional way or how to fluidly write my own ideas alongside the unoriginal dialogue from the original source material. I would constantly stress if something made sense when reading it and if it was too wordy or didn't have enough words. I know I'm not a pro author or anything, but even then some of the fanfictions I've read before have blown me away on how well it work (Case in point this Yandere Makima fic I've been reading). As a result,my OCD has taken away my enjoyment to write anything.

I tried creating new stories such as the Green Ninja x Union one, the Puss in Boots Reader, the Herminone x reader, and most recently the Star rail book. Yet every time I start out strong and then I lose my footing on them. Now to be fair my issues with the Puss in Boots and Hermione one are based on my passing interest in the source material. A lot of my interests that I'm not consistently engaging with come and go rather quickly. The only exceptions to this have been Genshin and HSR, which I consistently engage with on a daily basis even if it is only doing my dailies within those games.

But there in lies another issue. The two series that have consistently have captured my engagement are both live service games, which means they are constantly putting out new updates and content, which makes it harder for me to keep up with my other responsibilities such as work, school, and family. In my time away from those I'd rather play the games than write about it. Think of it this way. I started Devastation and Redemption during the 2.X patches of Genshin. I know this because one of my original ending points on chapters for that book was the Shenhe archon quest.  From where that started till now we have already been through Sumeru, Fontaine and are approaching Natlan in the game. Meanwhile the story hasn't even finished the Liyue archon quests. Now I'm not trying to blame the game as this is my fault purely but I just want you to understand where I'm coming from.

It sucks because I genuinely do want to continue some of my stories but given everything else that I have listed up above I don't know if it's even possible.

I don't know if I'll ever get back to writing. I might not but who knows. I was going to say I was quitting from writing all together but it seems I'm still stuck in the same spot as before because I can't decided if I want to continue or not.

I will say I am definitely done with the Hermione x Reader and Puss in Boots Reader x RWBY so if anyone wants to pick them up feel free to.

Additionally there were many things I did not explain in the Hermione Book so if you're interested in hearing what the main plot points were going to be then let me know and I'll do a few follow up posts.

If this gets deleted then I have ultimately made a decision regarding the future of these stories and I'll let you know.