Chapter 6

"Mabel!" Dipper shouted, tackling Mabel away from the falling tree and bouncing back up, returning to their sprint.

A giant aqua coloured sea monster chased them, knocking down trees along with anything that dared cross it's path.

"To the boat!" Soos yelled, scooping up the young and hopping in, the twins quick to stand on their own.

"That thing is crazy!" Mabel yelled, looking back to the aquatic dinosaur chasing them as Soos zoomed the boat as fast as it could go. Dipper pulled her closer to the bow before it could chomp her up along with the back of the boat.

"That's why you stay as far away from it as possible!" Dipper yelled back frantically.

The monster chased them relentlessly, knocking away any boats, swimmers, fishers and lumberjacks until it got them cornered. The twins looked frantically between the deadly aquatic beast, and the falls that shared a name with the town.

"Dipper check in your summer diary!" Mabel screeched.

"My what?"

"Journal! Whatever Dipper just check if there's something that can help us!" Mabel screamed as the monster took another snap at the boat.

"Help?" Dipper gulped as he leafed through his journal, thinking back to the strange man who said he could be their savior for a breif moment. He shook his head and screamed his response. "Just keep going! There might be a cave beind the falls!"

"Might be?!" Mabel screamed. Dipper nodded, still unsure. They all screamed as they dove through through the falls and crashed into a cavern, skipping past the small body of water onto dry land. They both ran off the boat, Soos fumbling behind with them. They ran as far away from the water as they could be, without going too deep in the cave.

They panted, then all squealed in various pitches at the monster who stormed in, roaring and flinging it's head wildly. It didn't leave the water, but squirmed around. Dipper smiled. "WE'RE ALIVE! And it can't even get us! Also it's a journal... clearly a journal."

He danced around Mabel, holding her hands and leading her in circles, a small white glow secretly emanating from them. She snapped her hands out of his, for a different reason. The light immediately went out. "Dipper we almost died!"

"Yeah!" He said excitedly. "But Mabel, we didn't." He showed his twin a toothy grin.

"Hey doods?" Both twins looked at Soos expectantly. The handyman shook his head, brushing off their earlier glowing. "Uh, nevermind. Shouldn't we be, I dunno, taking pictures of that thing? I mean, it looks like it lodged itself in the cave entrance."

The twins looked to the stuck monster. "Oh yeah." The blue gem smiled mischievously. "Want to see how close we can get?"

If the others were drinking, they would've done huge spit takes. Mabel's eye twitched. "Wh- Dipper! What the heck?!"

The boy tipped the bill of his hat up and sniffled, putting his hand on his chin. "We shouldn've brought the net. It's moving too much... could get hurt." He started mumbling to himself incoherently.

"Dipper, I like your sudden enthusiasm and confidence boost, but now isn't really the time. As the alpha twin your request has been denied."

"Yeah, assistant co-denied dude. You could get injured or killed or something."

"Permission granted from first co-captain." Dipper started running into the water, until he was a bit more than ankle deep, smiling when his sister ran after him.

"Dipper." She said, she pulled his sleeve and pointed to an inside cave cliff, far enough away from the monster, but close enough for a good picture. She knew her bro'd understand how much better the angles were. He did, a look from above was always more appealing to him and his eyes lit up.

Dragging his sister with him (and Soos following), he ran up the mildly steep mound. He grabbed his camera from under his hat and took pictures like madman. "Get any good ones?" Mabel asked.

He turned around and smiled. "They're all good ones!" Snap. A blur of aqua colours and that crisp noise, and he was gone in a blink of an eye. The camera fell to the edge, bouncing off into the water.

Mabel's grin faltered as she fell to her knees. "WHAT THE HECK WORLD!" She yelled, tears in her eyes.

"Duuude." Soos groaned. "That... that was... quick." He cleared his throat and his eyes got a bit watery as he led Mabel away from the dangerous area. "Maybe he's just... in the water?"

Dipper was nowhere to be found. It was a snap of jaws and he was gone. "Give me back my brother you stupid fish!" Mabel yelled, grabbing her grappeling hook and shooting it in the face.

The monster flung his head upwards and a rock crushed it's face while sparks flew from it's face and it collapsed. "Chaarge!" Soos yelled, carrying a bunch of rocks using what was left of his shirt and running towards the monster's side that was closest to shore and attacking it.

"Foor Dipper!" Mabel yelled, charging with Soos.

"Wait... dude." Soos stopped throwing rocks. "Hambone, I think it's a cyborg or something check it out." He threw another rock. A metallic sound. "Maybe Dipper's still in there!"

"Nope; Only me."

The pair screamed, seeing a man pop up from the monster. "Crazy old man? You got eaten too?" Soos gasped.

"Eaten? Why; everything my here gobblywonker eats just goes kaput, into here." He gestured to the garbage pile beside him that was restricting his space.

"Where's my brother?" Mabel interrogated angrily.

"He dung dangly telepornated in a poofy things." The old man replied, pressing a button on his control panel with his beard.

Mabel rubbed her arm, disturbed that he can move his beard without moving a muscle. Literally. "Yeah, can you just tell us?"

He brought up a projector screen and showed his footage in slow motion. "He dun disslypearified."

The footage showed through the mouth. The teeth only tapped Dipper's hat and poof! Dipper was gone and his hat fell into the water. Mabel frowned. "Well you're an evil genius just bring him back!" She growled.

"Actually I just wanted attention... but if saving an alien childen is what it takes, I'll do!"

Mabel cocked her eyebrow. "We're not aliens."

"Sure ya aren't! Name's Fiddleford!" He held out his hand, back and forth between Mabel and Soos. No one wanted it. He shrugged.

"Hi! I'm Jesus." Soos said, pronouncing it he-soos. "And this is Mabel." He gestured to Mabel.

The girl would've been friendlier if this guy hadn't almost hurt her brother, so she gave him a firm "Hi."

"Look in the watermiwatzits for his hatamagig." Fiddleford said, jigging out of the mechanical monster and diving into the water.

A man dove deep into the cavern lake. He smiled and a hand swiped the blue gem's hat up along with the gem itself. He smiled. "Adorable." Cat's eye swam up quickly and ran deeper in the cave, hopefully unnoticed. "Kid, you and I've got work to do."

A faint laugh could be heard. Mabel had taken off her sweater and skirt and was in her tank top and shorts, diving. (She'd never wear her skirt without shorts) She splooshed out of the water and turned towards the cave. "Anyone else hear that?"

The others shrugged or shook their heads. She shrugged too. As far as she was concerned, that was just a distraction. Except she couldn't shake the feeling they were looking in the wrong place.