Chapter 16

So, this took me less than two days to make. A day after the last chapter and today! Now here I am, posting it a month after the last chapter....

Mabel Pines and Stan Pines stood before the town. With curiosity, Mabel looked at the claw marks that were etched into certain buildings, they were at least an inch deep. She looked with surprise at buildings that were completely destroyed, some of them still burning with Pyrite's flame.

"Stan, Pyrite couldn't have done this... right?" The gem gestured to the town.

"Sorry to say it, sweetie, but that thing ain't your brother at the moment. We need to separate him from whoever he fused with." He started walking around cautiously looking for an outrageously tall man.

"Oh... I didn't tell you who he fused with... did I?" Mabel fiddled with her sweater.

Stan stopped and kneeled down to his great niece. "Mabel. Who did Dipper fuse with?"

Mabel was silent before she sighed, wondering if her choice of words would antagonize the fusion. "That creep who kidnapped him. Bill."

He tugged her closer for a hug. "Thank you for telling me, sweetie. Bill is a dangerous creep and we can't let them stay fused. I'll separate them if it's the last thing I do."

Mabel smiled a releived smile as she returned the hug. "Thanks Stan. You may seem a little shabby, but you're a good uncle."

A booming laughter seemed to silence the world. "How touching. Except, I disagree. All of me. Pyrite is here forever, baby! Nothing will separate us." There, Pyrite stood towering over the Pines in the middle of the sidewalk. He pulled out his weapons, and combined them for his daggers. "Anything that gets in my way will die, fools!"

He charged at the Pines, Stan's eyes widened. Stan shoved Mabel behind himself and held his destabilizer in a defensive stance.

Before anything could hit anything, Pyrite quickly dodged Stan's weapon and lunged behind the old man to scoop up Mabel with his bottom set of arms. He looked back to see Stan in shock and grinned wildly.

Pyrite felt himself try to tear himself in half, but he pulled together before they were torn. "What are you doing?" "Saving Mabel, idiot!" "Why!?" "We care about her." "...I guess we do."

Mabel gaped at the exchange. "There is no way you can tell me I can't speak to Dipper separately, you liar!"

"..." Releived, Pyrite was silent and Mabel was put down on the roof of a building.

The fusion sighed before he grinned, looking back to Stan like prey. Pyrite's teeth sharpened in a flash of light, as well as his nails. His hair seemed to spark up and his hat dissapeared. "Stan Pines..." his voice dripped with venom. "I believe we were in the middle of something?"

"Yeah! I was about to kick your butt and get my nephew back!" Stan charged, swiping the destabilizer at Pyrite. He hit a dagger and bounced off it.

Pyrite barked out a few loud laughs, one of his bottom set of eyes began dripping with tears and a hand from his bottom set of arms gripped his hair. Stan noticed the click in the fusion's behaviour. Pyrite smiled. "Nephew? The moonstone was never your nephew." Pyrite ticked the moonstone on his forehead twice. "Before, that pathetic waste of space was just that, useless, now, with Bill's guidance, look at how strong I am!" Pyrite laughed. "I can kill you right now, old man."

Stan glared at the being. "You aren't even yourself, Dipper. Neither are you, Bill. You, Pyrite, aren't strong at all. You're just riding on each other's coat tails!" Stan took another swipe while Pyrite broke down, but missed. "If you were strong, you'd face your problems."

With another swipe, diagonally, they were split in half. Every part of Pyrite was highlighted before they poofed into smoke, and two gems clattered to the pavement.

"DIPPER!" Mabel screamed, jumping off the building and landing lightly on the ground. (She found out she was made of light during earlier training). She skid on her knees to her brother's gem. "Stan, will he be alright?"

Stan fell beside her. "Yeah, pumpkin. He'll be fine. He just needs time. Uh... like last time."

Beside them, Bill reformed quickly in a deformed cat's form, one eye much bigger than the other and an abnormally long miscolored tail. He scattered away, bolting as fast as he could into the Oregon forest.

Mabel frowned and pointed to the gold flecks in Dipper's gem. "Stan, what's that?" Her fingers trailed gently across the gem.

Stan sighed, moving Mabel's hand and picking Dipper up gently, inspecting the flecks. Stan's eyes widened briefly when his nephew's gem changed from blue to green in the lighting. "Wish he was here... We'll have to ask Sodalite. For now, we should get out of here. I don't need cops trailing us home." He shoved Dipper into his jacket pocket and ran towards home, Mabel following closely.

Inwardly, Stam cursed that he had let Bill get away.

------

The word was dark, and light. Dipper's skin tingled and chilled. He was cold, yet hot until he opened his eyes. He stared at the form that stood in front of him. She was quite literally blue, her hair was the purest white and draped far past her shoulders. Her eyes were blank.

He remembered her. No, he remembered Bill remembering her at some point... when they were fused. Dipper rubbed at his eyes and sighed. That was moonstone S, Lune, his past self that Bill, no, B31 was so obsessed with.

He opened his eyes, and he seen himself- the dark blue one he was used to- beside Moonstone S, along with another. This one was coloured like Moonstone S, but seemed to have the same type of body he was used to. He walked up to it, and tugged the strange reverand outfit it was wearing, changing it to something that stuck closer to his body and was more flexible. Dipper turned it into a darker blue. Again, their eyes were blank.

[[Drawing: "Moon F" by DraconaMalp]]

Now, he played with the bow hanging off the neck of this outfit gently. He slowly ran his hands down the seams of what used to be his jacket. He smiled, satisfied and touched the gem of the copy.