08.

"Ahh.. I let it get away." Hoshina muttered, placing a hand on his face. Tapping your earpiece when you heard his voice, there was disappointment in them as he lets out a sigh.

It's been half an hour when he had stated that he came across Kaiju no. 8 in the Sector F, and that Ichikawa and Furuhashi had been rescued, finding out that they were engaged in a battle with Kaiju no. 9-that was what they chose to address the Kaiju, since its appearance was right after no. 8.

"Reporting. Kaiju no. 8 had escaped." He wasn't aware that his communication earlier was sent to you, you just hum as you pulled your blade out of the dead Yoju. You are quite frustrated, being tasked to only handle the Yoju and not engaging in a stronger Kaiju.

The sun was slowly making its appearance, you eyed it and you felt your body wanting to rest. Staying up all night, fighting numerous same type Yoju for the past hours, of course it would tire the hell out of you. A yawn manage to escaped your lips, closing your eyes as tears prickle in them.

Sighing as you place your polearm behind you, trying to find where Hoshina would be right now. His voice sounded really down that time, you've never heard him with that tone. Surely, he was quite disappointed with what happened.

"Time to comfort a child."

. . .

"It's rare to see you this down." Ashiro's voice made you look at her, seeing her stand behind a sitting Hoshina, his arms crossed over his chest as he sat proper, facing the rising sun. "Yikes,. You've caught me in a really embarrassing spot." He lets out a sigh, not noticing that you're standing next to Ashiro.

"I'll take a photo to remember it." Immediately grabbing her phone inside her pocket and snapping a photo of her vice captain. An amuse laugh left your lips as you stared at the photo she just took. "Please don't!" It was already too late for his cries.

Hoshina took notice of your figure, seeing your eyes looking dark be a of lack of sleep and your posture screams for rest. "Send it to me, Ashiro." The girl nodded and Hoshina eyed you with horror in his eyes, begging for the captain not to do as you wish.

"Too late." Ashiro said, you got a notification and you chuckled seeing the photo. "I'll make it as my wallpaper." You stated in jest, Hoshina was about to protest about it but he became quiet, looking back at the sun.

"I.. sure." He waves you off, making you tilt your head to the side in puzzlement. "I was just joking." Shrughing your shoulders as you take a closer step to him. "But if you say so." You hum, fingers tapping on your screen.

And tada! He is your wallpaper.

"So, was Kaiju no. 8 strong?" Ashiro then refocus on the matter at hand, brushing off at how Hoshina had the tip of his ears burning in red when he saw you show him your new wallpaper. He had compose himself, sighing and staring at the captain. "I'm assuming it is a Daikaiju." You were surprised to hear him say that, even Ashiro had a look of surprise on her face.

"That would make it the first one since Fukuoka five years ago." Ashiro stated, the two of them continued their discussion about the kaiju. "It doesn't seem to be the type to attack people indiscriminately." The vice captain stated, his arms over his chest as his fox eyes were still closed.

"For now, get some rest." Placing a hand on her hip as she said that. "We'll handle this." You stated but the exhaustion was evident in your voice and the way your eyes droop. Ashiro walk towards you and she suddenly chopped your head.

"Ack."

"You too, rest for now." She said and you just pouted, a hand on your head as she then turned around. "No matter what type of Kaiju it is, it's our job to neutralize it." Hoshina salutef at her, and she was about to walk away when your earpiece had beeped at the same time and a shrieking noise followed.