Chapter 8

~

~

Hwaseong

~

I sat on my bed, enjoying the peaceful quiet whilst I read one of the novels from the shelf in my room, I was so immersed in the story that I was a little angry when wooyoung bursted into my room gasping for air.

"We arrived" he said breathlessly as I shot out of bed, running to the deck of the ship. My eyes landed on the breathtaking beauty of Apolline, the massive rock that is covered in overly outgrown greenary and scattered with small evergreen trees, was dawned with beautiful shimmering waterfalls, creating droplets of mist that never reached the ocean below us.

There were many ships going in and out, leaving through the main entrance and entering on the docks that were dispersed around the outside of the green covered rock, people going back and forth carrying heavy loads full of supplies for thier ship.

As we got closer, entering the darkness of the cave, I saw the docks that were layered on top of one another like a stack of bunkbeds. Every ship was filled with drunken pirates. The shock on my face was very apparent as I ran to the forecastle deck, looking down in hopes to see the rock covered in nature however, what I saw made me tumble backwards and gasp.

The vase ocean glistened down below the ship. Apolline itself was placed around the big rock, laughter and cheers of people spreading from every corner. Every house was small, if you dare say petite, made up of oak planks and other variates of wood.

Apolline was mainly covered in darkness however, every lantern created a mere spark of light glowing its orange and yellow hues into the shadows that dared to consume the glowing light.

Initself, Apolline is hard to navigate for newcomers and strangers, the villagers walking on platforms and stairs made of the same wood and needing to climb up unstable ladders to get to different levels.

"Welcome to Apolline" hongjoong said with a smile as yeosang docked the ship on the middle level of the docks. "I didn't expect this, Apolline is amazing" I asmwered with joy filled in my voice and expression.

"Apolline is decent, trust me Mundele is much more beautiful" yeosang commented with a smile as he approached me and hongjoong. "Shut up, your only saying that becuase your from there" hongjoong complained, making me laugh.

"Alright everyone, you know what to do, gather as much supplies as possible and at dawn... we drink" the captain announced to which all the boys cheered with glee.

"What do I do" I asked the captain who turned around to face me with stars in his eyes as his serious expression turned to one of happiness and delight. "I know you want to help but we should go talk in my cabin" he answered and I nodded, following hongjoong to the captains cabin.